I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can't accept not trying ~Michael Jordan
1 comment:
Jovanka
said...
Hi Katie,
I'm Jovanka a 26 year old girl from Holland.For my profession ( I am an nurse since 2005 and in October I start with college again to get my degree for how do you say?? childrens degree??)I work in an childrenhospital. We have a e-learning program about child abuse and googled for parents with disabillities so that's how I found your blog. Since a few weeks I read your weblog and I have had so much fun! It's inspiring too read about youre life journey. Life in Canada and America. Interesting to see how you cope with the chalanges life brings you. In Holland we have rehabilitationcentres for sci-patients. People who were injured stay there for at least 3 monts. Did you went to some kind of rehabillitation centre becouse I didn't read about rehabilitation..
In the beginning I was just looking for info about how too raise children when you have a disabillity but now I just read and read and read more becouse you write so good. Keep up the good work!
i suddenly realized that for those who are new to our blog or who don't personally know us, you don't know our "story". in 8/2001, my husband and i were in an auto accident which left me paralyzed from the waist down. a sad incident but an answer to a prayer and the lesson that i needed to get me back to who i really was, back to what we really wanted out of life, and to mold me into who i want to become. to add to the chaos, they also discovered that i was pregnant with our daughter. she was born at 28 wks, weighing 1 lb 12 oz. and was the miracle that we needed to glue our family together. we can't imagine things piecing together any other way. so that's the "story" and where we're currently at in this journey of life towards the greater picture, never taking blessings for granted and by learning day by day as we go along. when asked if i'd ever take back that awful day which changed our lives forever, i simply replied "no. i wouldn't. i've learned so much and we live a great life" and i meant it 100%! this is the challenge that i, that our family, has been given and we're going to continually hit this head on. NEVER GIVING UP and remembering that things happen for a reason, even if we don't understand what that reason may be. "it's all mental and it's all in your attitude" this is a family blog. it's my venting blog. it's my rambling on blog. it's our fun blog. it's our life blog. enjoy!
1 comment:
Hi Katie,
I'm Jovanka a 26 year old girl from Holland.For my profession ( I am an nurse since 2005 and in October I start with college again to get my degree for how do you say?? childrens degree??)I work in an childrenhospital. We have a e-learning program about child abuse and googled for parents with disabillities so that's how I found your blog. Since a few weeks I read your weblog and I have had so much fun!
It's inspiring too read about youre life journey. Life in Canada and America. Interesting to see how you cope with the chalanges life brings you. In Holland we have rehabilitationcentres for sci-patients. People who were injured stay there for at least 3 monts. Did you went to some kind of rehabillitation centre becouse I didn't read about rehabilitation..
In the beginning I was just looking for info about how too raise children when you have a disabillity but now I just read and read and read more becouse you write so good.
Keep up the good work!
Thanks for showing your world.
Excuse me for my bad englisch :S
Greets Jovanka
jovanka_gerritsen@hotmail.com
Post a Comment