Yes. I go tanning. Fake baking. I pay for my tan. I don't care if it's unhealthy. I look better when I am tan and more importantly I feel better. This gloomy weather stuff gets me down so I need my 15 minutes of the heat stroke.
Last week while I was lying in the tanning bed, I was reflecting on how my life has been pretty random lately. Random events happening with random people. Things that I never would have imagined. Both good and bad. Both healing and confusing but some places that I would never want to go back to again. It's funny how we learn or are forced to learn how much better off our lives are without certain things. :)
I was at breakfast yesterday with some friends and realized that I've been taking some things for granted. I was once again reminded that life could always be worse and that I need to enjoy the time, the circumstances, the whatevers right now before it's too late!
OK. Now lets get to the good stuff. My days have been so busy with contacting everyone and anyone trying to find companies who would want to sponsor me and The Utah Handcycle Team for one of our National races. My days have been consumed with either speaking to or emailing someone a little something like this...
Dear so & so,
My name is Katie Terry and I am a member of The Utah Handcycle Team. The reason that I am contacting you today is that I am wondering if you would be interested in sponsoring the team for one of our National races that are coming up?
Though this is my first year competing on the National level, I feel very confident that I will do well. I competed and won my division in The St. George Marathon and was told by others on the team that I did very well especially since it had been my first marathon. That is when I was asked to join the Utah team. I hope to do well in the National races, earn my standings, and qualify to participate in the Paralympics in 2012.
Anything that your company could do to help us out would greatly be appreciated. Please let me know if this is something that interests you. I am also sending over some additional information as well as some photographs of me while participating in this sport.
Thanks again,
Katie Terry
The Utah Handcycle Team
So yeah. This has been taking up alot of my free time! The response has been great and I think that we'll be able to have a good season this year. We'll see and lets hope that I do as well as I hope to! Anyone that you know? Feel free to send them my way! hehehe
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



















5 comments:
Katie - I SO wish I could send you some sponsorship money, but we're living paycheck to paycheck right now. In a couple of months when some commission checks come in, it might be a possibility.
You are a doll - although I do worry about your risk of skin cancer...
You are a doer!! I am not sure you realise how many people you inspire and affect.
That is so great! Will you resend your email on the cycling team to me I am going to pass it on to a couple of people I know!!
Lets get together!!!!
I'm a fan of the sun bulb too. It is a must during this time of year - for me and my brain.
Wahhoooo!!! You go! seriously, you should send a bio to all these businesses and no one could resist sponsoring you. You are one of those stories that need to be on oprah. i can't wait to see you compete in 2012! Isnt it in London? Maybe i can plan a trip to watch you. OOOhhhhh...i woudl love it! Good luck on the calls. you are a true natural after all those years at Reagan!
Post a Comment