Saturday, February 21, 2009

A Happy Valentines to Me From UT & CA!

Our Valentines started off great this year. I stole an idea from a friend to have the kids write down some of their good choices on hearts and then to put them up on the wall. The kids had so much fun doing it! Kindra brought home a "Valogram" that she had bought for me with her piggy-bank money. It was way cute how she had tried to do it all in secret too :)
This is what Carter made for me in his class...(I just have to laugh at the smile that he's aquired since he's been losing all of his teeth!)
I had told Carter that they could come up to Snowbird with me and try snowboarding for the first time while I was at my ski lesson but that all changed when they postponed my lesson because of the storm that was coming. We knew how much that he was counting on trying to snowboard so we just took him around the corner to Evergreen Park for his first time down.

...and yes. Kindra and I hung out together in the warm and dry car...






After a few trial runs learning his balance and with Trevor finally letting him go on his own...HE DID IT! He was so excited!


We jumped in the car and off to the airport we went. Last minute, after they postponed my ski lesson, I got invited to go to Camarillo/Santa Monica, CA. I was so excited to get out of the snow that going to the overcast weather was no big deal at all!

This is a funny story. I was proving to Keriann's kids that I could, if needed to, get up and down the stairs one step at a time. They laughed every time I "got to" (as I put it) get carried up the stairs so I had to use the situation as a lesson teacher :)


On our way out, Keriann took us to the Santa Monica pier. I'd been there before, but had decided to go shopping at the nearest Anthropologie. Go figure why I'd do that?!? I'll be honest, I didn't even know that I'd been to that area until I recognized the hotel that I'd stayed at. Who knew that this fun pier had been right across the street? If the weather had been better, I totally would have hit up some of the rides. Next time, right?


Such a fun weekend! I did receive a challenge to reflect on my life and on some of the things that I LOVE. I can easily express all of the things that I HATE but I don't always vocalize the things that I LOVE in my life.

I love my children. I love being able to be a home Mom. I love my hand-cycle and the sport. I love the fact that I am active. I love my "marms". I love my car. I love the relationship that Trevor and I have maintained. I love my collection of shoes. I love that I love being in love and that I have not given up on my romantic ideas. I love that my best friends are my brothers and sisters. I love that my Mom will always listen to my rantings. I love volunteering at the kids schools. I love my God. I love the relationship and the comfort that I find in my faith. I love that I'm not tied down. I love that I can be so adventurous. I love that I can be independent yet dependant when I choose or want to be. I love the Summer. I love anything that has to do with water/boating/Lake Powell. I love laughing. I love being fun. I love being weird. I love going to movies. I love that I have not given up hope. I love trying new things. I love making lists and crossing things off. I love my Blog. I love that I can always keep people on their toes and that I can still shock them. I love my tivo. I love LOST. I love THE AMAZING RACE. I love our random routine. I love decorating. I love shopping. I love our GNO. I love being competitive. I love the fact that I can still recognize and act on the promptings that I receive.

:)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love this post! So lovely, your kids were so lovely to give things to you on valentines, I don't think I've ever given my mum a valentines card, I shall do so next year now :-) did you have a good vday?

that snow looked great, as did the surprise stay in California! I love this list of loves you made too, it's true, we always think about what we hate and don't like - I'm going to conciously try to think about what I love now :-) thank you.

John-Charles said...

Very Good. I loved the boarding pics! Love you!

Parks Family said...

I wish I could have been there! I had a feeling I should try to call Keriann, now I wish I had. Love the stair pictures. Her kids areso much fun.

*WEST* said...

What a great post!! I love the ocean pics..ahhhhhhhhhh

Amanda said...

I love you and your love of life.

Mistie said...

Loved your post! First off- is that trevor teaching Carter how to snowbord? It looked like a black man in some of the shots...i thought you had hired a trainer or somethign for him? Maybe he was in a mask?!
Anyway- you are such a good mom to still follow through with your promise and let Carter learn to snowboard. That is so fun for him. I think we are going to take Ashton skiing this next month for the first time. Too bad that i am not fond of the sport. I think i'll need lessons along with AShton since i've been twice like 15 years ago. Anyway... you look great in all your pictures in california!
And i loved your list about life!! This summer we are going to LAke Powell together at some point. I am not just saying that either!!
Love ya!

Tara said...

what a great post, i feel so refreshed and rejuvenated reading all your "loves", it makes me think about mine too! i'm so jealous you went down to cali without us! seriously, how fun would it be to be your fan club at the race in cali?!? we need to look into that, for reals! i'm missing our gno's, good thing saturday night is coming up:) see you then!

The Blaisdell Family said...

Loved this post, and I need to say, you are just down right pretty Katie! You always look so good!

Josh has been asking about skiing/snowboarding lately. Oh I wish I could buy him a board and take him but I just don't know when that would happen. Maybe Craig could take him up to Bogus for an afternoon. I bet Carter had SO much fun!

Like a Lily said...

Great post! Kindra is starting to look like you, I think.

Happy Love Day! (Late!)

j

Kate Coveny Hood said...

I LOVE that last paragraph. I was kind of marveling at what an active person you are...and then of course that was on your "love list".

I loved seeing pictures of Keriann and her kids. Looks like a fun trip.

steph said...

Loved your love list. And I'm jealous you went to Santa Monica. They show shots of it during Private Practice and it just looks so fabulous. Lucky you.

Unknown said...

That love list is amazing you really got me thinking girl. hey i totally ment to help sponcer you can I still do that? and how?