Thursday, February 12, 2009

Kindra's 6th Birthday Party...

I still can't believe that she is 6 yrs old. It amazes me just how fast time really does fly! I found some of that window paint and knew that the kids would have so much fun "decorating" the front window before our get together. Yep. They did!


We asked Kindra where she wanted to go and eat for her birthday dinner and she knew exactly what she wanted. Egg-drop soup from this Chinese restaurant that she and I went to for one of our Mommy-Daughter Nights Out. :)




OK. So of course all of her gifts were "horse" paraphernalia. I knew that is what would happen, so I tried to do something different and I got her a Barbie golf clubs and golf cart set. It was all girly and pink and I thought, I hoped that she would like it. Nope. Not one bit so back to Target it went! Seriously...Kindra is hilarious. She got a bracelet, a jewelry box, and some clothes from her Grandma Corbridge. Nope. Wasn't even bothered with it. On to the next "horse" present she went! I was laughing so hard...


My Dad found her this thick book at Barnes & Noble that is only full of different horse pictures. It's actually pretty fun to sit with her and listen to her verbalize all of the thoughts that are going through her head! She could read it a million times!

Afterwards we asked her how her day had been and her reply was "Oh Mom! I just had the best day I could ever imagine!" Well then...that's all that matters!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh what an adorable daughter! Happy 6th Birthday!! I'm glad she had a great day.

Kate Coveny Hood said...

Happy birthday to Kindra! I love it that she prefers horses to Barbie.

Mistie said...

What a cutie. It seriously cracks me up that she has such a one track mind when it comes to horses. And that has been for a long time too, huh?! Wouldnt you love to get her a real horse/pony one day? She would probably fall over.