I've been tagged by my friend Annabelle to put together a list of 8 people, dead or alive, whom I would invite to my home for a dinner party. I had a good laugh when I began to think about the random people I'd invite. OK, here we go...
1. King Henry VIII...to find out what was really going on inside that head of his
2. David Beckham...there is no need for an explanation here
3. My God...to give me all of the answers
4. Jane Austen...because she is my romance idol
5. The Duchess of Devonshire...to sit her down and give her the business for not standing up to the Duke or to her "best-friend" Bess
6. Gregory Maguire...because I love the book and the musical "Wicked"
7. Oprah...because she's got all the connections
8. Ludwig van Beetoven...because I could blast his music all day long no matter where I am
Who would YOU invite???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



















6 comments:
I LOVE this list! This would be such an awesome dinner party and strangely I think King Henry and Becks would get along very well.. Ohh and Oprah! The best! Thanks for doing it :-) It's fun to dream isn't it?
This would require some serious thought... I love the G. Maguire pick though. I went to one of his book readings once and he's a really interesting guy. I would definitely want to sit next to him at dinner. Oh right - did I mention? I'm crashing your dinner party.
I am in favor of King Henry. I would like to know just what was he thinkning?? Great list!!
Love all your answers! I too would like to talk to Mr. King Henry myself... And i didnt know you were a big fan of Beethoven...i learn something new about you every day!
Love all your answers! I too would like to talk to Mr. King Henry myself... And i didnt know you were a big fan of Beethoven...i learn something new about you every day!
You really thought this one through... Wow who would I invite?
1. Queen Elizabeth because she was a strong woman who ruled in spite of me. She had fabulous style as well.
2. My grandmother because she is who I look up to in this world the most.
3. My god also... I know I stole this one but I have to know the reason. Everyone says that God has a plan and everything happens for a reason. I just so often cannot figure out the reason!
4. My husband ALONE with no kids.
5. Davinchi because he was simply amazing and would have to have great conversations.
6. Rosa Parks because I admire what she has done...
7 and 8. Theodore and Elenore Roosevelt. I find them to be two of the most generous people who have held the office of president and first lady and I would love to learn from them.
This was really fun... Thanks for getting me thinking.
Becca
Please visit me at http://www.askbecca.com
Post a Comment