Thursday, December 31, 2009

Merry Christmas To Us!

I love, LOVE, LOVE the putting out of the presents underneath the tree on Christmas Eve! I love how it looks, I love the stashing of the surprises in the special hiding spots, and I love thinking about the excitement that the kids will have in the morning as they run out into the living room!


Kindra's letter to Santa asked for a horse sleeping bag! Surprise...Surprise?!?
Carter's letter to Santa asked for a new set of golf clubs which he is dying to use!


Yeah! I got a new trainer for my hand-cycle...

Ok so my #1 favorite memory of this day took place on Christmas Eve. The kids had been hearing stories all week about Santa sightings so the idea had been permanently planted. They knew that they had to be asleep when Santa came down the chimney or he could not leave them presents. So as the kids were almost asleep I came out of my room excitedly to tell them that I had just heard something. Right then Trevor was outside throwing some oranges, yes oranges cause they would be loud as they hit the roof, and letting them roll down sounding like prancing hooves who were loudly landing with a sleigh! hahahaha The kids were freaking out and the excitement in their voices was to die for.

"I'm asleep! I'm asleep!!" Kindra said as she hid under her blanket and Carter yelled "I'm already asleep!"

It was the best and it's so fun to play the Christmas magic games with them. It could not have worked out better and we were having so much fun with it. I grew up with my Dad doing the same things for us. It makes Christmas still so much fun for us parents when we see the excitement in our kids!

No comments: