Thursday, June 12, 2008

The Comedy That My Family....

...brings to the table never ceases to amaze me! My family is awesome and it's never boring when they are around. You never know what you're gona get...that's for sure!
Let me remind you of an event that took place a few weeks ago...My 3 brothers having an in depth yet laid back conversation about the correct way to use and ride a child's scooter. AWESOME!!!
Which brings me to another happening that went down last weekend...My Mom noticed that there was water spilling over from somewhere on the roof so out came the pondering and the analysts trying to determine exactly where it was coming from. :)
They figured that the roof gutter had become plugged up and so out came the kids one by one to use as guinea pigs to scoop out the blockage!
Notice the coaxing, the direction, and the pointing?!? We've got Carter...
We've got Kindra......and it gets even better with the roof unveiling of John-Charles...
...last but not least...We've got Colin...
But little by little, with each child's contribution...it became unplugged to my Mom's delight.
The kid's know that they can always count on Aunt Jenny for some good time amusement! SUCKA!!! hehehe

Here is Colin sporting his new hair-do though it was the hardest thing for his Mom to do! It was just time for him to grow up and to get rid of the "baby" hair....
This is Abbi with her pre-Colin hair cut meaning that on Monday...the day after...Colin took a pair of scissors and pretty much scalped her so poor Natalie has had a tearful over her kids' lack of hair :(
My energetic Carter...
Jenny trying to tease me as usual though don't let me fool you...I thoroughly enjoy it and also egg it on!
My dramatic and tearful Kindra as she is left out when the boys are playing a game of toss...
And then there were 2...that is 2 not so great ideas of the afternoon! The boys, once again, noticed the loose branch that needed to come down so what better way to do so??? Nope...not go get the chainsaw but instead go grab the grand kids to hang on it to way it down to break it off! I wish that I was kidding but unfortunately I am not! Once again...the planning and the analyzing!

Such a bad idea---They soon realized that there could be many negative consequences that could result because of their stupidity! My brothers are not stupid, in fact they are all extremely intelligent but they get a wild hair every once in a while (a lot of whiles) but still it brings pure comedy to our encounters. Those of which I hold dear and those of which I appreciate. It makes it very interesting and like I said earlier...you just never know what you are going to get!

5 comments:

The Blaisdell Family said...

Your family sounds like an entertaining bunch! I love it. Makes our family gatherings seem boring. Then again, there's only girls in our family so maybe that has something to do with it:) Boys are always up to something. That's why I loved working at a car dealership back in the day, there was always something funny going on!!

Cute picture of you and Jenny by the way.

Lyssa Beth said...

That pretty much sums up our family right there. And i'm sad that I missing out on those good times :( I hope one day, I can be there again on Sunday, eating dinner and have wild and crazy times. But hilarious about and gutter...and Collin looks so cute! And poor Abby! But she still looks good :)

Lyssa Beth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amanda said...

Lucky you - I adore my family and even my extended family. There are no others that get your inside jokes or mannerisms any better. Sundays at Mom's are the best, aren't they? And kudos to the boys for using the little people to their advantage; that's what they're there for!

Miss Kendra said...

The line on my blog about killing someone with my mind was on a movie I went to see last week. The Vegas movie with Ashton Kutcher. It was a funny movie.

My brothers are the same way. They always have "good" ideas that usually end in tears!