Monday, December 8, 2008

The Christmas Get Together of 2008

First things first. I said that I would post this recipe on my blog so here it is. These Oreo Truffle's are delicious! The best, in fact, that I have ever eaten when it comes to Oreo cookies...and I HATE Oreo's so that is saying a lot! These were a success at Jenny's Wedding so I had to see if they would be a hit at "The Get Together" and they were! If nothing else...then at least they were!?! Here it is...

Oreo Truffles

1 18 ounce package of Oreo's which are divided/crushed

1 8 ounce package of soft Philadelphia cream cheese

2 8 ounce packages of semisweet baking chocolate or Hershey chocolate bars that are fully melted


Line a baking sheet with wax paper
Mix 3 cups of the cookie crumbs & the package of cream cheese until well blended
Shape into approx 1 inch balls
Dip balls (using a spoon) into the melted chocolate then put, from the spoon, on the baking sheet
Put in fridge for 1 hr or until firm

*this makes 42 truffles
Well, since everyone was so adamant on not taking a photo to remember the occasion, you will just have to go here to see the type of "get togethers" that we have for Christmas. I had such a great time this year (which I should since I was the host) but I really did have a fun time. We missed those who were not able to make it and we were also excited to see those who we've not seen for a few years! (we knew you'd eventually come around and see how much fun you've been missing!) The older we get, the more we grow apart, but the visits seem to get that much better. It again reminds me of why we do it and of why we can't ever let the tradition die. We talked about our families, our blogs, our careers, Chantel's pregnancy, our husbands/boyfriends, our planned vacations, and of course, a few random memories. So fun! In fact, so much fun that I even connived with Lindsey, to take her turn and host it again next year! I just love planning and putting together parties! I'll gladly accept the namesake that I was given...The Hostess With The Mostess :) ***thanks Tara***
I couldn't help this morning as I was getting ready to put this post together, to take a walk down memory lane. I didn't have time to dig too far but I could go back to the pictures that I'd already scrap booked. I have known these girls since the 9th grade so there is so much history and I was reminded of some good...no...some GREAT times! They may kill me but I couldn't help but post some pictures so that they could enjoy the laughter again too! he he he
***I just have to preface this with a "I swear that I was in style" and I thought that I was cute back then but looking back??? I was so not!!! Why did not anyone tell me???***
Staci, me, Chantel, Emily, Lindsey, Kelly, & Angie on our way to Lake Powell 1994?
Melissa, Emily, Chantel, & me
Chantel, me, Staci, & Emily
All of us with Lindsey's family...the Clark's...who were brave enough to take us all down
Boys Basketball State Playoffs in Cedar City 1994
Emily, Chantel, me, Melissa, Kenzie, Staci, & Amanda

the Halloween stag dance 1994
Lindsey, Jenny, Staci, Melissa, & me in St. George
me, Lindsey, & Staci on our way down, literally me driving 80 miles an hour, to St. George. We took down my parents Dodge Ram Van that was nicknamed "Stubby". What were my parents thinking???
Our main hangout spot was at Chantel's house. Her bed saw lots of action and I don't mean "girl-boy" action. Promise! We just had way too much fun there. Talking, laughing, fighting, crying, studying, kissing, grabbing......it saw everything!

...the last weeks of school activities...
I just had to throw this one in there of me and Weston....
...sluffing to "The Training Table" restaurant in Provo...
The early hours before our Graduation Day practice...Emily, Angie, Annie, Megan, Chantel, Amanda, Staci, & me (just pulled up late as usual. I had to come clear down from Highland! hehehe)
Lindsey and Kelly
Staci, Chantel, & me
Gee Gee, Emily, & me

Staci, Lindsey, and I went up to Yellowstone with Lindsey's family to stay up at her family cabin the summer after we graduated. I was so scared to be close to this buffalo because of all of the warning signs and pamphlets. I knew that I was going to be "that one girl who got attacked"!
Staci, me, and Lindsey
Lake Powell 1996'ish

The first one of us to get married was Angie & Mike. They were destined! Me, Staci, Angie, Melissa, Mandy, Lindsey, Michelle, & Melissa B
hehehe Angie was also the first one of us to become pregnant! After we graduated...Staci, Lindsey, Melissa, Angie, & I, got a house together so the roomies threw Angie a "Baby Shower" :)
Brenda, Lindsey, Mandy, & I at our friend Monica & Jason's Wedding circa 1998?
Me, Emily, Chantel, and Fionna at Chantel's Wedding in 1999?
I had way too much fun with this post. I'm so glad that I've kept all of these pictures organized so that I have them to look back at! I just had to show them off because we've been through a lot together. When I tell people that my High School BFF's still get together every year, they are amazed that we still do it but when I tell them about all of the history we've got...it makes perfect sense!
Thanks for the great afternoon, Ladies. It gets better and better each year! Now go make those Oreo Truffles because it will make your own Christmas parties PERFECT!

22 comments:

ShaRee said...

This post was hilarious! Thanks for the good black mail pics of Melissa jk :) Honestly, what was she thinking with those flannel shirts?!? haha Miss told me how good those Oreo Truffles were. We will definately have to make some! Oh I remember that house you all lived in too- right across the street from the Beck's. Too funny...

*WEST* said...

How FUN! We try to get together with old friends, but to get us all is hard! So good job on keeping it going!!

Karin Austin said...

I must admit I'm a little jealous, I wish that my high school friends still kept in touch. But I do have Highland 4th ward and those friends are my dearest still. You look like a freaking baby in those pictures, lol! We thought we where so grown up! Have a Merry Christmas.
Karin

Kate Coveny Hood said...

That was epic. As were your bangs.

Goodness, but you were all thin! I think I baked one two many pans of brownies in high school to have ever looked like that...

The Miner Trio said...

Katie,

I am laughing and crying so hard, I can hardly type this. We really do have the best memories ever. High School seems like yesterday but it was so long ago. I am glad we at least get together once a year with everyone. Your right, we can't let this tradition die. This year was awesome. You did such a great job and yes, those oreo truffles will be the death of me. They are that good!!!
Love, Chantel

Bray said...

You are so lucky to have such good life long friends. My husband and I had our first date at "The Training Table" in Provo. This was a fun post to read and get to know you better!

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures. Especially the hair. What were we thinking. Apparently my high school friends are TOO busy for a Christmas get together so I am super jealous!
PS that girls name is Megan Angus. She was friends with us too, until she graduated early.

Priscilla - The Wheelchair Mommy said...

hey!! I still get together with 3 of my BFFs :D

Maybe on;y once a year but it's wonderful :D

Fionna said...

Katie,
So ya I totally signed up for a blog. I don't know how to use it or check it. But at least I can comment on all your crazy blogs.
Those pictures are priceless. I can't believe how much stuff I missed out on because I was constantly with Tyler. And then I went and got married so young. It makes me kind of sad. I have a ton of pictures of us from about 7th grade to our junior year. They are way funny.
Anyway river and micaela loved the truffles...We are definetly making them for the neighbors this year.
ttyl,
Fee

Mistie said...

K- hilarious. Dont you just love the old photos when you know you thought you were SOOO cool. So funny. I was laughing. I love the shot of you and weston with your cinched up jeans with that belt that hung over a little and your big bangs. So funny. And you look so cute in the shot with the buffalo. Can i say supermodel?! and btw- i think i need to talk to you in person about this get togehter. I have some questions about it that i wont post?!!!!! call u soon!

Sara said...

Love the High School flash back!! Its good to hear from you!! I check your blog too. You look beautiful as ever!! And your kids are cute too.

Anonymous said...

KT
WOW! Sitting here watching the biggest loser and laughing at the pics!! I can't believe you posted some of those!! I had the greatest time at our party, we will definatly keep it going. You did a fantastic job hosting!! Love you tonz and we need to get together more often!
"Pecker"

Todd & Cally Migliaccio said...

That is how I remember all of you girls back in the day.
Happy Holidays, Cally

Anonymous said...

Katie,

What is up with the torment?! Good to see some OLD pictures...

The Cook's said...

Oh that was great!! It was fun going down memory lane with you, it's so fun to look at all the old pictures from school! Looks like you have lots of fun. Hey and hope you have a merry christmas!!

Ashlee said...

Okay -- so I have to say that I'm feeling a little left out. I guess that's what happens when you move away so soon after graduation. I am also a little disappointed that no one wanted their picture taken -- hello !!! Some of us live very far away and don't get to see you very often (okay not ever!!) But, thank you Emily and Annie for the Christmas card -- I'm still waiting for everyone else's!!! I love you Katie!! THanks for being the glue that binds..

Ash

Joe Bouchelle said...

I owe you a comment, huh? Here goes-- SO great to see you. I can't wait to try the Oreo truffles!! (I've got to get Sharlet to give it a try- I'm kitchen challenged.) Thanks for the visit and the inspiration. If you need anything... let me know.

Ingersoll Family said...

Love it...looking back is the best...I also love my little shout out at our wedding. Thanks for always being a great friend to me. Love ya!

Your Own Personal Jenny said...

UMMMMM Ok Stick!!! Could you be any skinnier! You are gorgeous...then and now!

Ashlee said...

looking for your address to send a christmas card. ashleemangum@hotmail.com

Thanks.

Brenda B said...

Love all the high school pics of you guys! It is so much fun to look back.

Staci said...

Oh my!...some of those pics are CLASSIC!