I hope that you all had a great day like the one that we did! I hope that you all were safe and had some time to reflect on the many blessing, big or small, that you are able to have. Merry Christmas and until next year....
Sunday, December 28, 2008
The 2008 Christmas Catch-Up...
Catch up is RIGHT! I have been going non-stop both with personal and family things. We've had a great Christmas break vacation but we're...er...I'm ready for school to start and for our routine to get back to NORMAL :)
Before the break we had Christmas programs for the kids. They both did a great job and had their songs all practiced up so that they would be ready!
Since this was Kindra's first Christmas program, she was all smiles and had to make sure that she knew exactly where we were sitting. She gets this look on her face when she is nervous and excited. It is so Kindra!
She did a great job!
That is the only thing that is bad about having the kids attend different schools...they always have their programs going on at the same time. Luckily Kindra's finished just in time for us to run right over to Carter's school. We got there just in time!
Like Kindra, he was all smiles once he realized that we were there!
Both of my kids have great voices and both of them LOVE to sing. I love it! Kindra can hear a song and memorize it within minutes. Carter is my hummer. He hums when he is concentrating hard on something, when he is doing a simple job, when he doesn't know the words, and especially when he doesn't think that anyone else can hear it. I love that music is such an important part of their days because music is something that is a huge part of my life. It's amazing how happy it makes me and of how much joy that it can bring into my day! It makes me that much more proud of my kids!
That night we headed over to the HUGE family party on my Mom's side of the family. It's one that we can not miss because it's such a tradition! We've been doing this since the beginning of time...The Sainsbury Christmas party. I remember fighting over who was going to be Joseph, Mary, or the baby Jesus as a child. I'm serious! :)

Abbie just shoving her mouth full of the infamous "Oreo truffle balls"!....
The Terry girls minus Lyssa....poo to that too! Jenny, Natalie, Ashley, and Katie
This is where our love for music began. My Grandma loves to play the piano and she is great at it. She was a piano teacher and probably taught every child who lived on the East side...seriously!
Stick my kids and a microphone in the same room and this is what you'll get....They can not resist though most times I wish they would.....
Every Christmas eve, we go up to see the lights at Temple Square...but this year I wanted to do something different. It's time that we came up with our "own" family traditions. I also felt bad that we had never gone to see the lights that I said we would over at Thanksgiving Point. Plus, the best part about those is that you just drive through them instead of having to get out in the cold. Do I sound so lazy or what?!?!?
The kids were so excited because we finally gave in and let them sit with us in the front while we...er I...er Carter was driving 3 mph....hehehe!
The best tradition that we have is this....
...and even though it's only 2 yrs running for us...the kids LOVE it! We found out about it last year and they were so excited to go again this year. It is so creative and they have put alot of effort into it....and it doesn't hurt that it's also another "stay in the car" thing! :)
Another tradition that we have is giving the kids a new pair of pj's to wear for Christmas. Nothing fancy or creative but it's still fun!
GOOOOOD MORNING! MERRRRRY CHRISTMAS!


Trevor's parents also came down early for the festivities! Yeah...Carter woke me up at 5:30 and I wanted to scream. I had to try to entertain him with cartoons until they came down at 7:00. Thank goodness that we had Trevor stationed on the couch so that he could not cheat!




This picture looks so posey but we were really trying to show off Kindra's new UGG's which she was so excited about. Go figure?!?


Even though this horse scares the crap out of me when I go into her room when I'm home alone and it surprises me every time...it's so worth it! She loves it and it was the "one" thing that she really wanted and asked for..."a pretend horse that talks with batteries"....so it was impossible to pass up.

Kindra and her imagination in her own little "Horseland".....

John-Charles giving me crap about our families newest addition....Misty, which she's now been named, the horse...the creature! See how creepy that it can look??? Speaking of new additions...Let me congratulate John-Charles & Ashley!!! They are expecting their first!!!
Even though he is making retarded faces...he is getting so big...old...hot...hilarious!
I hope that you all had a great day like the one that we did! I hope that you all were safe and had some time to reflect on the many blessing, big or small, that you are able to have. Merry Christmas and until next year....
I hope that you all had a great day like the one that we did! I hope that you all were safe and had some time to reflect on the many blessing, big or small, that you are able to have. Merry Christmas and until next year....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



















1 comment:
LOVE you in purple.
LOVE that you named Kyndras horse Misty. Do i take that as a compliment? Or was it pure coincidence? Either way- what a great name for her!!! I love it!
And i SOOO know what you mean by making your OWN traditions. It is hard when every second is so busy, huh? I hear ya!! Good job though... i think that is a great tradition. And also, that was nice Trevors parents came down. You deserve a huge trophy for how open you are with that whole side...it is probably really good for your kids though, huh? anyway- Happy new year!
Post a Comment