Friday, March 13, 2009

This Months Family Outings...

I swear I am constantly running out of fun activities for our family to do every week. Carter had been begging for us to go to "The Harley Davidson Shop" so we finally made a plan to do it. Sadly...once we got down there, they close up at 6 pm. Isn't that a bit odd but whatever. We took a walk around the building like we were window shopping, saw some of the motor-cycles, enough to call it good, take this picture to prove that we'd actually been there, and off we went :) I noticed that the kids movie "Bolt" was playing at "The Sticky Shoe Showhouse" movie theatre in American Fork so we decided to brave the disgustingness. But honestly...it was so clean, not sticky, not gross, and turned out really fun! They pigged out on popcorn, licorice, and sour straws even though it would be my sugar high nightmare when it was bedtime!
...this is Kindra's attempt at hiding her eyes from the piercing camera flash of light...

Probably the best activity that we were able to do, was to get the chance to go up and show the kids the Draper temple. We tried hard to explain some of the things that go on in the temple and in a way that would be easy for them to understand (and let me tell you how hard that was!!!) Carter was so excited to see the baptismal font because he is getting ready for his baptism. Even though we had to explain that his font would not look as "awesome" as that :)


Anyway...just a few of the fun family activities that we have been able to do while we are waiting for the snow to melt and the summer activities to begin!

And believe me...I've got the days on the calendar crossed off! :)

2 comments:

Kate Coveny Hood said...

You and me both! It's painful trying to entertain these kids inside every weekend. Especially now that we've had one of those trickter weeks that felt like Spring. They no longer believe me when I say it's too cold to go outside.

Mistie said...

I am also always trying to think of fun things to do. it is HARD in the winter. Looks like you always find good activities though. We need to join you guys sometime.