I got Misty to commit to going since she would not be gone for Spring Break and then talked Jenny into coming along with us on the day of the concert. We met up and decided to go to "The Dodo" for dinner along with the rest of the women of SLC who were also going to the concert! If you look close...you'll see Reagan and Nicea from "Good Things Utah"! :)
Because of who I was with, it was a fun night. I'm still glad that we can say that we went because I do like some of her new music. I like the beat/rhythm, not necessarily the words. Overall though on the performance of Britney, I was disappointed. I figured that she would lip sync most of it but I thought that she would atleast sing some of her new stuff. I also had hoped that she would say more than "What's up Salt Lake City?" twice...I guess I can give her props for getting the city right?!? I did have to give her some credit since she is 10 yrs older and you have to feel kind of bad for her. You could tell that her dancers would rock her world if they were ever given the permission since Britney's moves were only a little pelvic thrust her and there :)
It sure makes you realize how old you really are when you go to your closet and can not find any "clubby or concert" things to wear so you end up looking like your age and someone who does not fit in...but in this case?...I'm glad! I was dying at what some of the girls were wearing! Are they not looking in the mirror and seeing that those things (and not their breasts) should not be hanging out? And where are their Mothers or at least their friends? I mean WHAT ARE THEY THINKING???
I was sad too because there was one weird part of the night that they called the freak show. It was all random music with sexual actions and video that I was disgusted at. Call me a prude but why does she need to go to that? It's like she feels that her talent is gone so all she has left is her ability to sell sex. The sad thing is that sex sells so I guess that's what she'll keep doing. I almost felt dirty and guilty?
One last thing that was hilarious. As the show was beginning, I kept getting wiffs of urine. I was so confused. Wiffs like when you're in a public elevator in New York that the bums constantly use as their toilet. Wiffs like the floor and the seats have been soaked in urine for months. I have told some about being cursed with the Terry nose and its sense of smell so when I got this wiff I knew that it could just be me and my sis smelling it since our nose's are so sensititve! Wiff. Wiff. I leaned over to Jenny and asked her what she thought. "Yeah. I'm pretty sure that the girl sitting next to us completely pissed her pants!" I laughed. Hard. Next I turned to Misty and had to ask her. "Yeah. I knew that you'd smell out the culprit." The wiff would come and go so it was impossible to know where it was really coming from but it will not be forgotten, that's for sure!
Lesson of the night? I'm OLD! Oh well. It is what it is and it's only going to get worse! GRRRRR!!!
:)
























4 comments:
Poor Britney. I find her sad and tragic, though she had some potential back in the day. I've seen all these wacky out takes from the concert where he extensions are falling out and stuff like that. She's slowly losing it all, don't you think?
Yeah that night was definitely an eye opener...and a nose opener! Holy crap that smell burned the hair in my nostrils!
That is hilarious!! I saw her in concert when I was a senior in high school, and after hearing your review, I think one of her concerts is enough. Glad you had fun, overall. And I know just what you mean about the Terry nose -- I got one just like it.
I love the Dodo!! I heard the same thing about the Britney concert, Liz went in San Francisco. It may have been more entertaining to give the old Sheri a microphone :)
Post a Comment