Thursday, July 23, 2009

Our Back-Yard Sleep Out...

I'm sure that what I'm about to post about will make sense to all of you out there who are parents but I also think that this "feeling" can be felt by all. Serious....

When I get an idea of something that would be really fun and memorable for the kids to do, I have it all planned out perfectly. What we need. What we'll do. How we'll do it. How they'll react. How simple it will all be to have this perfectly magical and grand event take place.

The problem? It never happens like that and I never learn to remember that. Then I get all upset at the kids or at myself. I don't understand why it can't "just work" and it ends up being one huge disaster. So frustrating and I so just don't "get it"!!!

So this night ended up being just like that. I pumped them up for it all day long and I was so excited for how much fun they would have. Then. Little event by little event they started to turn into little mingrats ie. DEVILS and mischievous ones that I wanted to drop off on the corner. (please don't call the authorities. yes i thought it. no i would not do it!)
These smiles? Fake ones that I yelled at them to pull. As I am yelling "We are taking a picture of this so SMILE...LOOK AT MY HEAD...SMILE NOW!!! I am so not kidding!"
So see this picture? This is the REAL one. This is what the trampoline looked like after I made them get their butts in the house and in their separate beds. Yes. I was the "freak out" Mother that night. I am picking my battles these days. Trying to and this was definitely not a battle that I was ready or in the mood to fight!!!So I've decided that Yes. We are normal around here and that we all have our own perfect scenarios of how it should be. Either that or I'm just feeding myself a whole load of shiz to make me feel better about how I'm running our joint? Hmmmmm?

:)

6 comments:

Amanda said...

Story of my life. I say to my kids, all the time, "Why won't you let me be the nice mother I want to be?"

True dat.

Mistie said...

a. i love that you always plan big, fun, exciting things for your kids to have memories.

b. i love that you are so honest.

c. i love that your life is sooooo like my life and that we can relate in soooo many ways...such as this.

d. you crack me up that you took a picture of the empty sleeping bags. I love that your mind is always thinkng like that...IT NEEDS TO BE DOCUMENTED!!!

e. I love you.

f. how did you speech go?

g. we need to hang out again. when do your kids start school?

Brooke said...

This made me smile! I think every mom goes through this exact thing. You try to be all fun and have these grand ideas, and then at least for me, my patience runs soooo thin and I end up getting all mad. And then yes, I get mad at my kids to smile and "act" like they are having fun after I have just totally yelled at them.
I love it!!

Priscilla - The Wheelchair Mommy said...

This is so true..... I can relate :D

we should chat again soon....

check out my blog ...

Lucas did my laundry (my one year old ... ) LOL

Richard, Angi and Fam said...

That so happens to us all. I do that all the time!!!! That is funny, I can so relate...like right now. I promised the kids that we were going swimming today and instead they are both in rooms in time out because they are fighting all morning!!! thanks again for a good birthday!! Your the best! You are the only one that took a pic so you need to post it!

Richard, Angi and Fam said...

I loved getting updated on your life, so fun!!! MMMMM those ccokies look so amazing!!! Remember the ones you guys gave me??? Yah, I think I ate them all by myself and they were gone that night, so sad! I couldn't help myself!!