"living with chronic dieting is hell. thinking that if you weighed just a little bit less, then your life would be happier. that's a lie and is a miserable way to live your life. more importantly, it's a very short step from a full blown eating disorder. stop. it's time to accept, love, and embrace who you really are"
~~~portia de rossi
one to remember. me especially. the older i get, the more on my plate i have, the harder it is to find the time to exercise like i once did. plus getting my heart rate up can be difficult and the metabolism slow down doesn't help. either way, i'm learning how to accept, embrace, and still love the kt who doesn't look like she did in past pictures. to remember that it's what's inside that counts more than what's out.
i wonder if we each have a "disorder" in one form or another. when i graduated from high school, i was so stick skinny weighing 95 lbs that i was worried about and wanted to gain weight to be more "normal". but then flip it 15 yrs later and in my mind, "that" is what being healthy, being skinny is. stick bone, no ounce of fat whatsoever. it can mess with my mind, i panic, and ask myself "how did i possibly get this big?". i need to understand what is healthy and what makes kt feel happy in the healthy and realistic sense? i know that i'm not 21 anymore but still, i'm not gona lie. it can be tough and i sure want to be. plus...those damn "m'arms" i've got don't help!? lol. oops.
anyway, great segment that i saw on "portia de rossi" and i like this quote that she said about false self perception and the false sense of reality that can creep into our lives.
ps. i just got back from the mall and 2 statements.
1. "victoria's secret" photo ads
2. "excuse me m'am" ahhhh!!!
it's official aaaagain. i'm a "m'am", not a "miss" anymore! :(
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



















2 comments:
Hey Katie, I don't know how I found your blog but I did. I knew you when I was in high school (I went to A.F. I was Melissa Day's friend) and I remember you being very sweet. So anyway you are so inspiring and I think you're my new "hero"...so excuse me for just dropping by but I am glad I did.
i love you inside and out Katie - we all are hard on ourselves for so many things. I sware the trial in life is being happy with who we are and not hoping to be someone else or better or wanting to be how we used to be. I struggle with that too. I am not just saying this...but really i think you look great...so, stop worrying yourself silly that you don't look identical to when you were 19. Just think how glad you are that you are where you are now, instead of then. You have accomplished SOOO much.
Post a Comment