Friday, February 4, 2011

The Mormon Messages Contest ---

i am sure that most of you know that i am a "mormon" or "lds" and for those of you that don't know, i am. some may question my actions or think that i don't "act" like one but oh well. my spiritual beliefs are between 2 beings...me and the lord. i am also very lucky that i have great parents who taught me to accept all, no matter what that "all" meant. but that's not the topic for today :)

a few months ago, a good friend from college, asked me if i would do something for them. her husband wanted to enter a contest. he wanted to put together a video for the "mormon messages" and he asked me to share my story.

i forget that i have "a story" because i just do it. it's just who i am and it's my life. i forget that what i've overcome is a great story that motivates and inspires. i myself hear others "stories" and am brought to tears forgetting that i've got one that i could and should share too. plus, i hate feeling like the braggart!?

anyway, excitedly i said yes. remember my thinking...

"we go through things to either 1-learn something for ourselves or 2-for our actions to help teach someone something they need"

we did two videos. one with the religion aspect and one without. here is the one that was entered into the contest. and either way, spiritual or not, i think it is a good story. one of strength, endurance, having a positive attitude, and determination.

anyway, enjoy.....

12 comments:

Mistie said...

talk about chills, my friend. holy crap. what a great little video. proud to call you my friend. but you already know that. :)

Mistie said...

oh, i am posting this on my blog....

Parks Family said...

I reposted this on my blog. Hope you don't mind. By the way I plan on being there in Boston!

Brooke said...

You are great! Always, ALWAYS an inspiration to me. Love it!!
YOu can do ANYTHING!

Dan and Katie said...

I guess Awesome is sort of an understatement huh :)

Claire said...

YOu are beautiful katie! Thank you for sharing this with us. I hope you are doing well! xoxo

Myra Hough said...

So inspiring.

Ashlee said...

I needed that today! You are amazing and an inspiration to others. I'm so glad I know you.

Amanda Bowen said...

Amazing video...hormones and all. I sure miss you craft girls. This mother of two hasn't come as easy as I thought (plus my husband is a total pansie when it comes to me leaving the baby with him) but I am hoping to join back soon. Saw your video with Mistie (Ellen) and loved every minute of it.

Priscilla - The Wheelchair Mommy said...

I'll watch it tomorrow but just had to comment.

I know exactly what you mean. If someone ask me for my story, out of the blue, I am at a loss.

Story? What story. I was paralyzed 11 years ago. That's it. I'm married and have kids. .. nothing special about it except that it's everything I've ever wanted. What else is there to tell?

But you are right. We DO HAVE A story. A big one. We don't let a few adjustments stop us. We just do it.

((HUGS))

I may have to make a blog post about this. HAH.

Liz @ It's Great To Be Home said...

Katie! I'm so glad you left a comment on my blog so I could find yours. What a beautiful and inspiring video and story, thanks for sharing.

Christy said...

Omg! You're amazing and beautiful and made me cry!