Friday, May 9, 2008

Hand-Cycling 101 ---


I was able to take advantage of the TRAILS program once again and meet up for an evening of Hand-cycling! Just like when I went up skiing, I loved it and can not even describe in words the way that it felt! Such the workout too!
Once again it re-affirmed the fact that I am so lucky to have full use of my upper extremities. Oh could it ever be so much worse! It's always good to have these reminders since we can all feel sorry for ourselves at one time or another, huh?!?
Pictures tell 1000 words so I will let you decipher the type of night that I had.... :)


PS...It must be my age or the fact that I NEVER wore a helmet as a child when riding my bike or my pride or my stupidity but I hate the dorkin' way that I look while wearing these things!!!

7 comments:

Miss Kendra said...

Hey! It is Kendra. Do you remember me? We were at SVC the smae year as you. Lewis and I lived in the blue house and we had a son named Adam.

I found your blog from Tiffany and Kevin's and I read it all of the time. We live in Draper.

Amanda said...

Man, hand-pedaling, or whatever you call it, is tough. A trainer had me do it at the gym once and it kicked my can! Lady, you rock it! I've seen your arm muscles first-hand, so I know of what you're capable, but this is awesome.

Lyssa Beth said...

Nice job Katrina! You are awesome and one tough mama. Love the helmut look too...you should do it more often :)

Christine said...

Thanks for your fun comments. I have been crazy busy trying to get caught up with everything since I neglected it during the twilight week and the months before that I was involved in our stake production. Anyway, I am so glad you left the comment so I can sneek over to see your blog.

Stalking... stalking....

Love it!!! I am so excited for your hand cycling adventure! I love all that you do. Gives me a good kick in the butt. If you can do it, I can do it too. Now if only I had a bike ;).

Design Fam said...

Hey you look so cute. I worked all day today and all night because I am having Skin Collage packed into 2 weeks it is way hard. So it is to late to call you now so I thought I would pop over to your blog. YOu are awesome. Can't believe it you are going to have such big muscles you can kick my butt. YOur awesome. I will call you tomorrow and we can plan a movie date.

Camille said...

Hey, it's Camille! Thanks for your note on my blog. I think you are so amazing! I totally know how you feel about the helmet thing! My kid's always say "why don't you have to wear one mom"! I'm so bad. Well, you look great. Let's get together for sure. Hey, I love the twilight books too! That party looked like so much fun!

Unknown said...

youre awesome! I looove your hair too!