Friday, June 6, 2008

Week One of Twelve....

I am hoping that this was a sign...a sign as to the way our summer would turn out! So far it has been a definite adjustment, that's for sure! I know that I was warned but.....However, I do feel a lot better after talking about it with a friend last night. We were waiting for our movie to start and I was venting to her about how hard this past week has been. We concluded that it is the biggest lie ever told...That as Mothers, we would feel 110% happy, wonderful, and complete all of the time! Let me re-phrase that...Some of you may, but the two of us don't feel so hot all of the time! What a relief to know that I am not the only one!

I swear that it was easier when I just had a full time job! I now have a greater respect for the career of Motherhood! I use to think that I had a lot of patience...that is until this past week. I have never answered so many random, continuous, and "duh" questions in my life! Questions that have very important answers and questions that kids ask in the "growing up" years but questions that I am not use to answering 24/7. I will answer them "as a matter of fact-ly" and then have a hard time with the 10 questions that come simultaneously because of it! "I get it so why don't you!" I know that I've been around 25 years longer and they are questions that at one time I asked my own Mother, but it doesn't make it any easier!

As the kids and I were driving home from running errands yesterday, from the back seat Kindra, out of nowhere, said "I love you, Mom". My instincts kicked in with a "What did you do, Kindra?" We pulled into the garage and as she came out I saw what had occurred. All over her pants and fingers was now the gum that she had been chewing!

I immediately had a flashback to when I had been her age, had stolen a pack of gum from Grand Central, had tried to hide a chewed piece in between my knees, then realizing that my jeans were stuck together, had to admit fault when asking my Mother what to do. I had to give Kindra a few angry words but also received a big wake up call....I had to show patience and understanding since this is how we learn...by mistake and circumstance!

I am also learning how much like my own Mother I am becoming...both the positive and the negative, both the things that I like and the things that I hope to change. I now also understand why it is that my Mother acted the way's that she did. At times, most times, she had an important but crazy, hard, and stressful job....US KIDS!

Don't worry though...I still know that this is what I should be doing. I still know that this is what I want to be doing. It is just so different then I thought it would be. It has it's mixture of moments of fun and then it's moments of hell! Go figure?!? I have also determined that it is all mental. It's all about my own positive mental attitude. It's not like I have never done this before but it doesn't help when I am so stuck on the fact that it is so different.

Anyway, last night was fun...I got to vent...the movie was great...I laughed hard...and I realized even more how thankful I am for the great friendships that I have made over the past few months! I can count on them for always accepting me no matter what, allowing me to be honest, and for never judging me! I love u, girls!!!


I had to take some pics of this rainbow because I could not remember the last time that I saw a rainbow this perfect! :)
I will not let Carter mow the lawn by himself of course so we have to go up to my parents house when Uncle Mike is mowing so that Carter can join in the fun. The funniest comment came from Kindra..."Why is Michael naked?!?"

Kindra and her best-friend...the neighbor's horse..."What a cute little fella!" she exclaimed! I swear...my son is going to own his own service or service shop, make millions, and take care of you know who! :)
Carter thought that he was brilliant yesterday when he decided to put together a puppet show before I took off. They were hilarious and being such dorks. Again, it made me remember of my own days of pretend playing, being spazzes, and laughing hysterically at the dumbest things. How did my parents survive 6 of us? I can barely handle my 2! (Sorry...I am just being honest!)
Kindra the drama queen......


I've done something right...My two are best-friends and that makes me so relieved! It's all timing and the older I get, the more I realize how true that statement is!

2 comments:

Your Own Personal Jenny said...

Is it just me or did I give Kindra that black thing they are standing behind for the pupet show. I miss the kids not waking me up every morning when they get to Grandmas. I think this is making me sad and depressed :) hahahaa Love you Katie!

Lyssa Beth said...

I told you it wasn't going to be easy but you wanted it so HA! jk Read elder Ballard's talk from last conference...Definately a keeper. The sweet moments that come few and far inbetween are worth it...anyways, your kids are hilarious and creative!