Sunday, June 1, 2008

Why Is Thirty-Something So Dang Hard?

I tried to keep it quiet this year but fine...I will admit it...I turned 31 last week and I am really having a hard time with it! Turning 30 was no big deal for me but the one year added on to my number just plain sucks!

I realized it when I was sitting at the car wash talking to a woman who was also waiting for her car and the conversation went to talking about her brother. She went on to explain that he had just turned 34. The first thought that came to me was "Oh yeah...he is old!...wait...I am not 26 anymore...I am 31...AGGGHHHH!!"

I also feel like I am beginning to look my age and that does not help the situation! The one good thing was that I did not have to into work!

Thanks must go to my family who took me out to dinner/movie! It is always fun when my family is involved. The kids were up to Trevor's so I was able to sleep in Saturday morning and wake up to a silent home! :) Natalie had made apts for us to go get our toes pretty so we had fun getting pampered for a bit. It was a gorgeous day so when we got home I mixed up my potion of "baby oil and water" and Jenny came over for an afternoon of laying out. It's all about the tan when it comes to me! hehehe
Angi, me, Jenny, Natalie, Sara, & Tara...

That night we went out for a "girls night birthday get together" which was a lot of fun! I love when I can get together and talk with friends who are also parents, my age, and who are going through the exact same things that I am! It makes me feel so much better when I realize that I am not alone! After dinner we went to the movie "What Happens In Vegas....". It had some great one liners that I took note of so that I could possibly use them one day!

Overall it was a great weekend but still...birthday's are just not the same as they used to be! :(

11 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh darn it, you sly devil! I would've loved to have wished you happy day on your actual birthday, but I'll settle for doing it now. Happy Birthday - I am so grateful for you on this day that I've gotten to know you and become friends with you. You are a remarkable person and a joy to be around. I'll see you on Thursday!

Tara said...

It was a great GNO that's for sure! I haven't laughed that hard in a movie in a long time- it was a greatly needed laugh! Don't be so hard on yourself for turning 30+1, you still can pass as 25:) Let's meet up at Paradise again soon- I'm already planning what to eat with what dessert!!

The Miner Trio said...

Happy Birthday Katie. Just remember, I had to turn 31 first. I catch myself telling people that I am 30. I honestly don't mean to do it, it just happens. Are you all finished with work then? You lucky duck.

Your Own Personal Jenny said...

Hey sissy! That was fun. At least your a hot 30 year old!!! and i mean hot!!!! Best Friend Sisters Forever!!!

*WEST* said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! Great friends and family always make for the perfect day!!!

Jami Black said...

Happy belated birthday! Isn't is crazy how much you begin to dread them! At least in your case you still look like you are in your early 20's!

Christine said...

You DO NOT look your age. I would never have guessed you for 30, 26 fits much better. I have a friend (she just turned 40) who says she is 29. She says she will be 29 until she gets 29 right, and I think she has no intention of ever getting 29 right. You are a fabulous person no matter the age, live it up girl!

Lyssa Beth said...

Congrats Katie! Glad you had a fun time with friends and family. Wish I could have been there to help celebrate!
Anyways, 31 isn't that old! You are still young at heart :)

Ralphster said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ralphster said...

Hey, take it from this 33 year old...33 is the new 23...or at least that's what I keep telling myself :)

Happy Birthday!!!!

Jamie Smith said...

Happy birthday! Well, with your amazing abs that qualifies you as still in your teens! So I would not worry about age, one bit. You are so far from being old!