Wednesday, December 17, 2008

"There's No Way That He's Real"...

The night before, while at another one of our GNO dinners, as I was leaving, I noticed the reindeer's that they had on exhibit. I started creating this "magical" story in my mind to tell the kids so that they would be enchanted with some Christmas spirit.

The weekend before, while at a Christmas tree farm, one of "Santa's helpers" told the kids a story about his search for 2 of his missing reindeer. Kindra was so worried about where they had gone off to so my story was PERFECT!

I immediately went home and told them that they had found the missing reindeer and that they had them at Thanksgiving Point waiting for Santa. Kindra was so excited and could not wait to go and check them out. Carter was like "whatever..."
But...as soon as we got there and they were able to see where they had them "waiting for their pickup", Kindra turned to me and said "There's no way that he's real because if he was, then he would just fly away...back home to Santa. Why would he just hang out there in that small corral? Come on...this is just pretend."

Boo! The innocence is slowly slipping away right in front of my eyes. They are growing up way too fast...
Even though the activity ended up not being as "magical" as we thought it would be, it was still a great night! A little cold but still something to keep the Christmas spirit around as long as possible....

9 comments:

Regardez Moi said...

But she forgot about the magic dust!

See, Santa has to sprinkle magic fairly dust on the reindeer to make them fly. I learned that from Santa Claus, the Movie. That's why he couldn't just fly away and had to wait for Santa to come pick him up.

*WEST* said...

WHAT, Santa is not real??? I dread the day! Lets plan lunch!!

The Blaisdell Family said...

That's really funny but really sad too. Josh has asked about "him" too. Then after he asked if "he" was real, and I just sat there, he then asked, "you wouldn't lie to me would you?" Once again, a blank stare and no answer. I just keep turning the question around when he asks and ask Josh what HE thinks. He still believes of course but I'm not sure for how much longer:( Which I guess is ok with me in the long run. I hate playing the Santa "game".

And Kindra is just TOO smart for her age. Stop it girl!! You're suppose to be the baby of the family! Geez:)

Parks Family said...

just checked out facebook. Ha Ha Ha. I'm laughing because there is nothing else to do. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun in BV. I really wished I could have gone down and visited with everyone. Glad Keriann was late Thursday so we could visit longer. talk to you later.

Jamie Smith said...

How cute! I guess I will start worrying about them realizing that Santa isn't real after I get them realize who he is in the first place. I love the posts, especially all the flashback posts! You are one hott chicka! I need to lose some weight and get in as good of shape as YOU!

The Brockbanks said...

I am in the same boat! I am sad that their childhood is going by so fast. Sometimes it is not so great that they are that smart:)

whit said...

I hate seeing the innocence slip away! It's a good story though.

karey m. said...

eek. i tell my girlies that santa can't be at every mall and event, so he has un-real santas to take his place.

if they can feel it in their hearts that santa's not real, then he's one of the replacements.

i swear, i have one more year of this before they catch on to me. although i am sure grae already has!

xoxo.

Mistie said...

glad u are keeping the christmas spirit. i need to talk troy into going ice skating tomorrow b/c we havent had much of that "spirit" around here b/c we have been out of town. you just have to make the effort b/c it is so easy to sit and be lazy! at least for me!