Wednesday, January 7, 2009

FYI...Love English History? Read and Watch This...


...and then when you are up for an interesting "movie night"...watch "Elizabeth The Golden Age" with Cate Blanchet and my hottie, Clive Owen :) See what you think. The book and the movie combined, give a different view of what she was actually going through at the time and of all of the different issues, pressures, and responsibilities that she had to endure. A very important and dominant woman yet the part of her that was human and sad, she put on the back burner because she knew of her responsibilities and of her duties to England. Like I said...a very good read and a very good movie that gives one of the most accurate descriptions of what her life was actually like, of what she actually accomplishes, and for her successes as a Queen...the true daughter of Henry VIII! (how ironic is it that out of all of his children...the one that he "banned"...she was the one who truly was "her fathers daughter"?!?) Have fun and let me know what you think and if you're more interested check out here. Honestly...enjoy!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh another one to add to the reading pile - I hadn't even thought of this one, I don't know why because I've seen the movie and LOVE it..

How great is that "I have a hurricane in me..." scene in the Golden Age! Oh I LOVE it!

Ingersoll Family said...

I am not much of a reader...but you are adorable and really...lets get together. love ya, Monica

Mistie said...

Saw the movie a while back but loved it...need to see it again. Did u see teh Boelyn sisters? a good one too. I am not much of a reader or i woudl commit to reading the book. I love that era...so interesting. btw- what was that movie you told me i needed to see a while ago...that was a history movie? i am spacing even what it was about? whenever i go to a RedBox...i forget what shows i need to see. do you even remember? a few months back...

whit said...

You need to read books by Sharon Kay Penman. She writes historical novels, with real characters, one or two fictional but the books are sooo good. I'll have to check this out.