Wednesday, May 28, 2008

"The Model T" & Another Year On The Green---

Praise the Sun God's for finally giving us a sunny day! We took the kids golfing for the first time on the green and it was perfect weather. It had been the first time this year that I had used what has now been nick-named "The Model T" and the kids were loving it! I was actually surprised when they told me that I had been it's last user since that had been last summer! It's classic, huh?!?
I guess that I should explain a little as to how it all works and enables me to golf...It drives just like a four wheeler gas/brake and the seat swivels around to each side depending on where your ball is. The clubs are a bit longer and your swing is a bit different but other than that...it's all golf!
I was very proud of how well that they did! I really had not planned on golfing a full nine holes but I was impressed! With a little lesson from good old Dad, Carter was on his way...
Now it's Kindra's turn and look how cute she is with her extended leg?!? She is such the golf-chick!




I am a very competitive person and it is now official that the trait has been handed down! Kindra was hilarious! She just had to hit the ball farther and she just had to beat Carter! We were dying and commenting on how in trouble we are. I can hardly wait!?!
Kindra jumped in the drivers seat and was teasing Carter that she was going to drive the cart. Carter was egging her on..."Push the gas Kindra...come on...push the gas." Look at her face!

Don't worry...Trevor made sure that he was also teaching them the proper etiquette and rules of golf like raking up the sand trap. When Kindra first saw it, she thought that it was a giant sandbox and was all ready to go in and dig! When we explained that no, it's a sand trap, then she was scared to go in for fear that she would become trapped forever, as she put it!
Even though I did not actually golf myself this time since this was all about the kids, it was such a fun thing to do! It was fun to drive around and to be able to be right there with them as they were learning and laughing. It is so nice to have an accessible golf cart that I can use and use at any course that I'd like. If I just give them a heads up, they will take it to the course that I'm going to play at. How nice is that?!?

6 comments:

Jamie Smith said...

You have been busy! I can't believe how much you get around and all you do! You've inspired me to dust off my golf clubs and go! I haven't gone since high school! Anyways, your kids are so cute! What fun!

Amanda said...

I've always wanted to learn to golf, though I'm that high-maintenance golfer who would refuse to golf in extreme heat. Boo. You do get around so much and I don't know where you find the time and energy to always be going and exploring with your kids.

The Brockbanks said...

That looks like so much fun. I do not have the patience for golf. I am too loud. You are a good mom. Did you finish "The Host"? Loved it!!!! Of course I love everything she does. I thought I was her biggest fan until I met you!:) I loved your T.V. interview. So cute!

Tara said...

So fun for you guys! Very impressive to take the kids, Cole has yet to allow all of us on the course with him at the same time! He'll take the boys, but I think he's afraid if I go I'll get addicted and want to golf all the time with him, thus breaking up his manly playdates:)I love Kindra's mischievious grin on her face, so priceless!

Leesa said...

HOW MUCH FUN!! I cannot wait to go golfing this year. I ma kindof a wimo because the weather has to be perfect for me and so far, no luck. I never thought of taking my kids. That would be a lot of fun and a good time to teach them the sport we all love. Well me at least! Now if I could talk Jon into taking ALL of us!
Miss ya- we need to do lunch!
Leesa

The Blaisdell Family said...

There were so many funny things about this post! The nickname Model T, Kindra wanting to beat Carter, Carter egging Kindra on to push the gas, the "big sandbox", everything was so funny!

How exciting that the kids got to golf. I personally don't, it makes me swear too much:) Maybe I'll come around someday. Josh has been with Gpa and his uncle but I would love to go and watch the kids like you did. That would be fun and funny indeed!!

That is pretty cool that the golf course will bring the Model T where ever you need it!!