No excuses are good enough to make up for my Mothers Day post lateness :(
but better late than never, right?Not to mention that it was also my Mom's birthday...
We did a family birthday party for her that once again created some classic events...Moms horrible driving/parking, embarrassing drop off of Katie, awkward kid asking us for a ride, Jenny-the a/c-gas, Kindra and her "black booty"...and I know that unless you were there, none of this will make sense but I need to write it down so as to not forget. Remember, my blog is also my journal :)
I love my Mother very much and the older I get, the more like her I become. Did we fight as I was growing up? Oh yeah but only because she did not want me to settle for less than what I deserved. She wanted me to be the best that I possibly could be.
Now that I am a Mother myself, I understand how much my Mother did for us and of how much she gave up. I love her very much and could not imagine life without her!
-as a child, I used to fake being sick just so I could call my Mom to come and pick me up early from school. I had way too much fun with her while I was at home :)
-I would always brag about my Mom being so smart because she had received a Masters degree
-my Mom was the best at coming up with little day trip adventures
-the summer we went to Prince Edward Island, my Mom and I became the outlet hunters---searching out and going to every outlet mall that we possibly could. I will never forget going to the Lands End outlet in Freeport, Maine and going crazy in the Calvin Klein outlet! hehehe
-the summer we went to Prince Edward Island, my Mom and I became the outlet hunters---searching out and going to every outlet mall that we possibly could. I will never forget going to the Lands End outlet in Freeport, Maine and going crazy in the Calvin Klein outlet! hehehe
-for those who are my age...you will remember the days when the "Vaurnet" shirts were the thing to own. They were impossible to find and completely sold out in Toronto. My Mom dragged our family to Buffalo, New York just so we could go to a certain store to buy one for me!
-I will never forget all of the projects my Mom would do. Every year she would make our Halloween costumes that were priceless! Still to this day, she will not let me buy costumes for my kids...they have to be home Grandma made! :)
-she was the YW 's president in Toronto and I would always be told that my Mom "was so cool" and was the best camp leader that they had ever had
-she always invited the missionaries over for dinner
-she always let us turn the music up loud so that we could make up dances to Phil Collins, Amy Grant, Paula Abdul and New Kids On The Block
-we used to laugh at her creative cooking and she used to laugh at us because we had to eat it :)
-when we moved up to Canada she was pregnant but did not tell anyone so that they would not worry about her. She decided to keep it a secret even up until the day that he was born, invited my grandparents up to visit, and announced the surprise as she was handing them a baby :)
-she got our family watching and loving Monty Python and Faulty Towers
-I will never forget my memory of my Mother sitting in her favorite reading chair, with her antique lamp (that she still has) while reading book after book.
-my Mother LOVES, LOVES, LOVES "The Lord of the Rings"
-we joke that she lives in an alternate universe
-she has sonar ears and we could never get away with anything sneaky if she was in the area...not in the basement...not in the backyard...no where!
-when I was planning my wedding---my Mom made sure and allowed me to be adamant that everything was perfect! She made my dresses...all of them and it was more than perfect!
-my love for Department 56-my Halloween houses-is because of my mom. 1)she creates the perfect Dept 56 Christmas village and 2)she and I traveled and hunted all over the state to collect old and retired pieces and to make sure that I had every possible piece that I could...you would die at some of the places that we went...the best was a "Sprinkler World" office in the summer and a festive shop in the off season. It was so odd and random...what a combo?!?
-my Mom is the best grandma and always has so much patience
-my Mom is my best-friend and has supported me through everything
-when Kindra and I were in the hospital, different hospitals, my Mom would drive down to Provo with Carter to visit me and then she would drive up to Primary's to see Kindra...never complaining once!
-my Mom will kill me for this one but whenever she gets scared, usually in the car, she will instantaneously say "oh shi*"! She never swears except for that one! Hilarious!
Anyway, like I said earlier, I have to write these memories down so that I won't forget them...it's my journal, right?
Je t'aime ma mere...



















4 comments:
I am a New York Times bestselling author working on a new book about mother-daughter relationships and thought you might want to contribute. Please visit my page for details about submitting stories for Mom's Little Angel.
Gregory E. Lang
Author of “Daddy’s Little Girl,” “Why a Daughter Needs a Dad,” “Why a Daughter Needs a Mom” and more.
Man, action-packed post! Fish! Monther's Day! Birthdays! Congrats on the fish, young Carter. And lovely comments to your mother - they are only truly beginning to be appreciated as we age, aren't they?
I miss my mommy!
Love it! I just need to meet your whole family! Your mom sounds so fun! Happy (very, very late) Mother's Day to you too. What an amazing Mom you are. Your kids are going to do amazing things with the example you've given them.
Post a Comment