Saturday, May 17, 2008

A Stephenie Meyer Friday---

Ok Ladies...get ready for another one of my long "Twilight" posts. :)

A few weeks ago, I received the best email/news from a friend of mine (who I had never met in person and who I had only communicated with through either email or our blogs), Tara, who announced that I was in! In...in to what? Through one of her many connections, she knew about and was given tickets to go watch the taping of Good-Things Utah during one of its most anticipated shows ever! The guest of the hour was going to be Stephenie Meyer aka author of The Twilight series!! I could not believe it when she told me! How fun was this going to be and how awesome was this of her to include me in the excitement?!?
When they let us in the doors at Channel 4, they handed us autographed copies of her new book "The Host" as they announced that she would not be able to sign any of the books that we had brought to the studio. :( I was sad since I had put a book together of the Twilight party that I was going to have signed and then sent down to my sis (Lyssa) in Texas....
...and here she is... Stephenie Meyer. I will admit that maybe I am not the best fan since I have never visited her website which shows her picture. I did not know but had my own thought as to what she would look like...and I will say that she was not what I had imagined. That is not necessarily bad, but it was very different....


So, there are a few benefits that I receive because of the whole "wheel-chair" factor...not having to wait in line for certain events...getting to go into movie theatres first...parking...just random things like that. I really hate being a weasel, I do, but there are times in which I will take full advantage so there was nothing holding me back when they offered to move back the seats a bit to allow us to be front and center! Perfect seats for our excitement to be seen!
Here we are...Sara, Tara, and me...

Funny story...so this guy we are with is the announcer for the show...and not thinking, we asked him if he could take a picture...we meant---can he take a picture of us but he took it as---can he take a picture with us! Needless to say, we ended up doing both! :)

Whenever you think of celebrities, big time or local, you think that they are going to be a bit stand-off-ish but these ladies were not at all! They were so friendly and took the time to talk with us individually!
The 3 of us were accepted into the "Twilight Moms" club so we had to have a picture, of course...The woman in white at the far right is the woman who started "TwilightMoms.com. We were talking about how overwhelming it is that complete strangers know her and will stop her on the streets just to talk to her. She never imagined that the website would take off like it did!
So we happened to sit next to Stephenie Meyers sister and she overheard us talking about our disappointment that Stephenie was not going to be able to sign our books. "I can take your book, have her sign it, and call you later on tonight to pick it up. We will be at the book signing that is going to be at Thanksgiving Point in Lehi." I about died! I quickly accepted her proposal since I wanted to get it for my sis. How nice and down to earth was that?!?


Here we are at Thanksgiving Point and I had to take a picture of this since they spelled her name wrong! :(
I am a fan and all but had no idea that this many people, mostly woman, would cram into this building, sit and patiently wait, just to have an autographed book! It made me even more thankful for the book that I had received earlier that day and for the book I was about to receive! Emily, her sister, called while we were at dinner over at The Harvest and I dragged Jenny over to the fiasco so that we could pick up the book! WOW!

Here it is though I wish that I had had 10 other copies to send to every one of my San Antonio Twilight girls club!?! Soooooorry!
Chalk it up as another fun day which allowed me to be even more immature than usual! I have to give Tara another thank you since this day was all because of her and say that it was so fun to re-meet Sara!
....and to think....that I am meeting all of these girls that I have so much in common with and that I am able to be my true retard-self with because of the "blogging world!!??!! How classic is that? :)

15 comments:

Miss Kendra said...

so jealous! i am glad that you had a good time. everyone looks so nice and friendly! make sure and leave a note on my blog posting about jacob or edward if you have not already.

Christine said...

That is soooo awesome. I am so glad you got to go. Thanks form thinking of all of us, but I am just so excited to see Lyssa's! What an awesome, awesome experience! Like, I totally like the word awesome tonight, can you like, totally tell?!

Amanda said...

Oh, I'm jealous about all of this! I love the books, I mean c'mon, but I also love Reagen Leadbetter from Good Things and think she's darling. You lucky duck - I'm glad you had such a special day.

Tara said...

Of course we had to stroke Mike McKay's ego by having a picture with HIM, so silly! I'm glad you had as much fun as I did, we need to do lunch or girls night out soon! I'm glad you got some pix of the book signing, can you believe the price people paid to go and wait like that? I hope your sister loves her book, it's worth millions now:) Great post, I'll claim it as my own since I still don't have a blog to use! Talk to you soon!

Tara said...

Oh, and one more thing, THANKS for getting us the best seats in the house- even if you had to fight off people until Sara and I came running in 5 minutes before the show started! Look closely at the first picture of us in the audience, I'm loving the boy in the back row wearing a pink shirt flashing his "gangsta" signs while the girl next to you is clearly having the time of her life:) I love photo"editing"...

Tara said...

OK, I forgot to mention, GREAT job on your big interview! Did you see it? It was on the 5:30 news and you did awesome, way to "represent!" I'll stop leaving so many comments now, but it was just so much fun!

Lyssa Beth said...

Again, Katie, You are so awesomest sister! I love all of this and how fun that you got to see her! And honestly,, if the book you give me becomes millions, i'm splitting it with you okay?
I can't wait to see it!!! AHHHH!!!

Lyssa Beth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
*WEST* said...

Looks like you had such a great time!!! And what a good sis you are for doing that! We for sure need to get together when Jen comes in I would love to see you! Have a great day!

The Brockbanks said...

I am speechless! I am so jealous you have no idea. Fun!

The Brockbanks said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Amy said...

I found your blog while surfing for posts about Stephenie Meyer being in town. I love the picture with the Twilight Moms. I'm a Twilight Mom and would like to post it on the site. Would that be ok?
You can email me at amyolsen1@yahoo.com

Thanks!

SKH said...

It was awesome to 're' meet you! I love the post. It was so fun to be there. I do feel a little guilty for only having the 1st book read. I bet if any of the other members of the {{crazed}} audience would have known, I would have been kicked out!

Jamie Smith said...

What a neat book you made about the twilight party! You were fast! I can't believe you already got it into book form! Where did you print it off from? Did you use shutterfly of snapfish or something. Anyways, I'm so impressed! You should have told Stephenie's sister we were dissapointed she didn't make it to our twilight party either! Maybe she can come next year! Anyways, too cool!

The Cook's said...

ok so I am so jealous. Looks like you guys had sooo much fun!!!!