I called my sister and when I told her the hotel name, I heard a gasp from the other end..."Oh no...make sure that it's not too ghetto!" Great, here we go! Yep...pretty ghetto but it's unfortunately hard for me to find a room that will work and so I just have to take what I can get! I began to check in and they were very friendly so that made me feel a little bit better. My first indication of trouble ahead should have been that 1 out of the 2 elevators were broken. My second indication should have been that you literally had to shake the room door off of the hinges to get it to open with the key. I finally got in and checked the bathroom and found that it was bearable so that was at least good! I hurried and got ready for an adventure...a "Twilight adventure" since Friday night was the big night! I was a little nervous since Lyssa and Jaime were the only girls that I knew and I didn't want it to turn into an awkward night. I got all ready wearing only black and/or red since that was the dress code :) and out I went....
Funny story and such a Katie story...K so I told Lyssa that I would pick her up at 6:30 and we would ride over to Jami's in my car. I set the GPS with Lyssa's address and headed on my way. Lyssa told me her gate code but when I got there someone was driving out so I just drove in, called Lyssa and told her that I was there. I parked the car and waited for her to come out. I turned my phone off because the battery was low and began to read my book since I figured I had a few minutes...5 min...10 min...15 min...? Ok...where was she?!? I decided to turn my phone back on and to call her but before I could, the voicemail beeping began. It was Lyssa wondering where in the bleep I was! I called her and told her to walk over to the clubhouse since that was where I was parked. Another 5 min went by and I called her again. "Where are you?!?" As she described what her apt's looked like, I realized WAAAAH WAHHHH, I was completely in the wrong complex!!! SERIOUSLY of all nights, why tonight! OH *&#@!!! The good old GPS, who is forever known as ELVIRA (another story for another time) failed me miserably! I finally made it over to the right apts, found my sis, had a good laugh, and we were off....but I guess that is what happens when we rely too heavily on electronics instead of just using our eyes and brain....
As we walked into Jami's house, I was amazed at how much work and effort had been put into this party! I know that some will say that this was extreme, immature, way too much, but whatever...this was perfect and so much fun! They really know how to put something "like this" together!
---cake mix
---jaw breakers
---eclipse gum
---red finger nail polish
---vampire teeth
---tennis ball which says it is the greatest and strongest toy for a dog
---belle(a) perfume
Christine was the chef of the night and the food was delicious so thanks Christine!
I know...we are HOOOOT! But not too hot enough to be eaten, er nibbled, er BIT!
Lyssa, me, and Jaime B
Amber, Jami B, Jamie S, Christine
Hillery, Jill, Jazmin
Twilight Party 5/2/08
After dinner we played some "Twilight" jeopardy to see who really knew their stuff about the books. I am happy to say that I got a big fat zero but I was not the only one. Jamie S. and I both took that award home..."you are one PATHETIC LOSER"... (name that movie?)
Christine even changed into a "Vanna White" dress :)
This quote deserves a "NO" reply!!! hehehe



Lyssa is going to kill me but we were laughing so hard as we were trying to get a perfect pic of her mimicking a vampire with the fangs that she thinks her teeth all ready have...and we did!
We were in the mood for an all nighter so we decided to go see a midnight showing of "Baby's Mama". Pretty funny even though there were some parts of the show that were hitting my "control issues" button! I would be FREAKING out!
My niece Emma stayed with Joe and Lyssa brought Kate with us. Kate is such a trooper and is such a good baby. She just hung out, smiled a bunch, and was content the whole day :)
We decided to do the river walk on a river boat tour...less walking and historically more interesting so here we are waiting in line...
Christine, me, and Jami B
The last time that I was in Texas, I was in southern Texas and it was alot, alot, alot dirtier than San Antonio. I expected it to be dirty but it was not at all! It was very clean and the people were very friendly. I was impressed!



Our tour guide was such a dork, using the dumbest jokes ever but we listened and discussed amongst ourselves some of the facts that we were learning. We were not being obnoxious, loud, or rude in any way but out of no where the guide bent down, looked at us, and calmly told us to "Please stop talking and laughing...this is a narrative tour so be quiet!" I was completely taken back! HUH?!? We laughed one last time and continued to listen and to float...so random though!

Everyone told me that I would be shocked when I saw the Alamo because of its size and because it is placed in a random part of the city....and I was! There was no way, though, that I would not atleast go and see it. I had to laugh because every time I think of the Alamo, it takes me back to when I was growing up and when one of my favorite TV characters,"Pee Wee Herman", used the Alamo as a reference! I know, so pathetic!
Pulling out the big guns and the famiy picture poses.... :)

We had to have Mexican food on the Riverwalk even though we almost did a "dine and ditch" because our waiter was M I A!
...look how huge my tv is...
Everyone took a break and we decided to re-group a little bit later so I went on my own adventure down to the swimming pool to catch some sun...AHHHHH the love that I have for the sun will never ever go away! It makes me sooo happy and refreshed! I am such a happier person when I am tan too! I may die of skin cancer but I will atleast die tan!?! :)
We had to get 2 of the Jamie's out of the house for a surprise baby shower that we were throwing them so Christine and I suggested a pedicare :) So comfortable with those massage chairs!
Poor Jaime had to deal with me because everyone else was either scrapbooking or card making and for me...when I'm not feeling it, I'm not feeling it! There was no way I was going to even try to be creative!
...I beckened Lyssa to come down to our end of the table so that she could act like a 12 year old with us! hehehe

...you can only imagine what Lyssa is doing by the look on her face! JK!!!

My hair really is not that big! It's because of that shadow.....promise!?!
Christine was our photo taker of the night and she was obsessed with us getting really close so that it looks like we actually like each other?!? hehehe of course we do, right?!?


Don't you just love the pictures that are taken when you don't even know it? I think it's funny to see the faces that turn out...I just love my big ball nose :(
By the end of the night, this is all that was left and we sat down to watch the latest episode of "The Office". It was a weird episode but it still had its moments :)
When Lyssa and I were planning my trip down, we wanted Jenny to come down as well but she could not get away because of school and work. I will 100% admit that I was a little nervous going down to San An by myself and not because it would be a trip alone but because I would not have a "buffer zone" with Lyssa.
So, I got back to my hotel around 2 am and when I got to the elevators, they were now 2/2 on the broken elevators factor! I started to have a panic attack since my room was on the second floor! Luckily there was another elevator in the back so I made it up to my room! As I got into bed, I quickly realized that I was in for a very long night! The bed was a rock and was so uncomfortable and after lying awake for 3 hours, I realized that I had had enough! I googled on my phone and then called every hotel possible that was in a completely different price bracket! I finally found a hotel that was right in downtown San Antonio on the river walk! :) LOVE!!! I called down stairs and canceled my room for the next night and if I had not been able to find another hotel room, I even contemplated just flying home! (that just shows you the rational thinking that was going thru my mind at 6 am)
For Saturday, the plan was to go see the Alamo and to do the river walk so I got up, packed, and went and checked into my new hotel. It was actually perfect since everyone just met at the hotel, parked, and then we were on our way!
Such a great conversation at lunch too! We were just talking about life and about "why". Why this, why that, why, why, why? I was sharing an experience that I had had one day after months of asking the question "why". I finally received an answer...It's not my job to understand why...it's just my job to do! It is something that still helps me to this day! I firmly believe that we go through things so that we can learn something or so that we can teach someone something! It is important for us to share with people our thoughts because we never know the impact it may have now or later on! :)
I had to take some pics of the new hotel room to show you what I am talking about...You always learn something while on a trip and this trip I learned that I am, and forever will be, a hotel snob! I will buy good deals on airfare, good deals on food, good deals on anything discounted but I will never again try to find a good deal or stay in a good deal hotel! It is not worth the uncomfort, the drama, the ordeals, and especially the lack of sleep...it is not worth it! I will always stay and sleep in comfort and cleanliness! Soooorry but I am admitting it so there it is! hehehe
...look how huge my bed is...too bad that I can't ?????????????? (did I just think what I think I thought?) hehehe
...look how huge my bed is...too bad that I can't ?????????????? (did I just think what I think I thought?) hehehe
I must give the brief history of our "sister relationship". Being the oldest and having 6 years between the 2 of us, I really did not KNOW Lyssa. We did not really grow up together, go to highschool together, or go to college together. In a way, we also have different personality's. I am very expressive and emotional and Lyssa is not, or atleast is not in the same way that I am. We have had many, many, many blowups and it's because we have been strangers who did not know how to communicate.
On my flight down I was thinking about just how odd it is that you have a group of people in your family that you "grow up" with, that you learn to love cause you almost have to, that you do family things together with, etc, etc, but in all reality you really don't KNOW these people. There have been so many things that in the past year I have LEARNED about Lyssa and I have been able to learn how to communicate better with Lyssa.
Our middle sis Jenny has always been half like me and half like Lyssa and so she has always been safe. I have been jealous of Lyssa and she has been jealous of me...odd I know but oh so true!
I used to think that Lyssa was always grouchy but I now realize it is because I always see her when she is out of her comfort zone, when she is in an odd enviroment. Who isn't?!? When she is HOME, it's safe, it's normal, it's comfort and she is happy and herself!
I am so glad that I went down to see her, that I went down by myself. I realized that Lyssa and I are more like each other than we ever thought! We are obnoxious, we can be immature, we can have fun, we are adventurous, we are emotional, we can communicate, we are mom's, we are creative, we are...........!!! I am so thankful for this trip because now Lyssa and I have our own memory! :)
It was good to not have Jenny there because we saw that we don't need her to be there and that we can have our own relationship, one that we've never had. Don't get me wrong...we missed Jenny but I think that this was the type of trip that Lyssa and I needed to have! I love my sister very much and now realize how different our friendship can be! I realize that we have each lived different lives but that we can each learn from the others mistakes or from the triumphs.
Lyssa is also extremely lucky to have such great friends! They are awesome and treated me just like I was part of the group. I did not feel awkward or weird and I was able to be myself which is so important and rare to find. I am beginning to see and to understand what it means to really be "friends" with someone. They REALLY care about each other and they SUPPORT each other. This is how these girls are to each other! I know that Lyssa could count on her friends for anything at anytime and that is awesome to have!
Like I said before, I was really impressed with San Antonio and had such a blast! Thanks for showing me such a good time. Thanks for letting me be myself. Thanks to those who shared with me your stories. Thanks for the "Twilight" party. Thanks Lyssa for inviting me down and tell Joe thanks for watching the kids so that you could have an all girls weekend! Thanks for not punching me when I went to the wrong apts and thanks for really letting me see just who you really are! Do I sound like a corny, emotional dork?!? Yep but whatever, right!?!
Now...remember girls, what you need to do when you read my blog?!? That's what I thought!!!



















23 comments:
So sad...we miss you already!! You definatley should visit Lyssa more often.
KATIE!! My face!! AHH!!
LOL JK SOO good times. I'm so stinkin' glad you came down too. That was seriously a momentous weekend. I seriously can't believe that you came down here for a Twilight party! How awesome are you?! Thank you for that tribute to the weekend. THis was a great post. I LOVE YOU TOO KATRINA!!!
So my kind of party!! However, my friends and I would've taken the tour guide's request as a dare to "vamp" (good throw in there huh) the talking/laughter up by 100 notches! Who tells you to be quiet anyway? Come on, you're just commenting on the sites and beauty right? I'm happy you were able to rest in peace one night, I'm with ya on the hotel snob, it's so worth it! I really can't believe all the detail that went into this party, I'm going to have to tell my die-hard Twilight friend about it, maybe she'll throw one herself? You gotta love sisters, they bring out the best and worst in you, but in the end, you're still family! I'm glad you mentioned your thoughts on the "why" question, honestly, since we've been blogging back and forth, I've thought "why her" and "how does she do it?" But you have such an AMAZING attitude, it's so inspiring to me, really! Now, if we're talking about vampire fangs, all I can say is I knew there was a reason behind why I fell in love with Cole's smile from day one:) Oh Edward- I mean Cole:) btw, still checking on the GTU show, I'm working on it!!
Well, now I don't feel like such a nerdy blog-stalker now that I met you, so I'm excited to leave a comment! It was so great to finally meet you, because I'm always hearing about you from Lyssa and Jaime!
I love all the pictures! I can't believe how fast you got them up. I loved the picture of the twilight bag! I need to do that! And thanks for being a big loser with me in the Twilight Jeapordy. I'll make sure to fly you down next time we have a twilight party, so we can be losers together.
I loved your honesty and insight with your sister relationship. It's opened up my eyes with my sisters and has given me a few ideas. It's funny, because my older sister is 7 years older then me and I get along with her so much better then my sister that is 2 years younger.
Anyways, I had so much fun hanging out with you this weekend and getting to know you! Thanks for letting us bombard you with questions and get to realize how amazing you are. I hope you know you will always have friends in Texas! We have a comfy bed too, if you ever need a place to stay!
Katie!
I just want to say, that I had so much fun with you and the girls at the Twilight party!!! I love your blog, I will be a regular reader from now on.
Anyway, i'm so glad you had lots of fun this weekend! but even more glad that you posted those pictures of Lyssa! --hillarious!
Ahhh... Good times...
What a great post, great weekend, and great insight!! You never fail to inspire me some how Katie!!! I'm so glad you were able to party it up with us. I still think it's funny that we live 6 hours away but met for the first time down in TX:)
Like I told Craig, I love you even more now. It feels like I've always known you and I had so much fun with you.
And I agree with Jazmin, those pictures of Lyssa crack me up!! Love it. Good times for sure!
We had so much fun Katie! Lyssa is so lucky to have such an amazing sister to turn to in life. I am so glad that you felt comfortable here because we felt like you were just another one of the girls! We really had a blast this weekend and I hope that in the future when we move our separate ways and have our girlfriend getaways you can come then as well.
Thanks for being so down to earth and positive-I really enjoyed listening to your experiences and getting to know you. Your attitude truly has rubbed off on me and I am greatful for the increased desire to have an "Attitude of Gratitude."
I am so excited to read your blog regularly now and hope that we can see you again sometime!
I can't possibly comment on all the things I wanted to as I read this novella of a post; nice work, pictures, a lot of writing, thoughtful questions - this had it all! What a wonderful time you had and I'm glad you could strengthen that sister relationship. That party looks divine and I would've loved to be there. Also, nice decision with the hotels: Don't scrimp on hotels - ever. Bed bugs, dirty carpet, nasty bathrooms. Uh, no.
Oh i am so jealous of your twilight party!!! That looks like tons of fun. I don't think Nichole has a blog, I'm going to lunch with all of them tomorrow I will ask her and tell her you said hello! Take care.
so sad that I couldn't be there. Your stories are classic and it looks like you and Lyssa got caught in the middle of the laughing tornado!!! wah ha ha. Glad you didn't come home a vampire! Love you
I'm so glad I got to meet you last weekend. Now I can read your blog and not feel like a blog stalker! I had such a great time hearing about your experiences and I appreciate everything you had to share with us. And seriously, you need to write a book!
And thanks for posting all these pictures. The Twilight party was pretty much amazing and so was everything else that weekend. I'm so glad you had such a fun time and you should definitely come back and visit soon!
Seriously that party looked like so much fun! What a creative mind to come up with that. I totally would have won the game about Twilight trivia. Have you read "The Host" yet? I haven't gotten around to it. But I am so excited to get started! I loved reading about your cute sister. You've got to love family! You are an inspiration to me. I love reading about your adventures!
K- i am so happy you went down to TX...it looks like you had a great time. I love the party too. I love themed parties like that. So much time to orchestrate but so fun in the end. I really need to borrow your Twilight books!
NERD...S (aka the both of you)
Hehehe. I am commenting.... It was so so so fun to have you come down. I did learn a lot from your sharing. Thank you so much for being comfortable enough to be so open about your personal life. You really are one amazing woman (with faults and all!). I hope we stay in touch and get together again in the future!
KT,
K- so I am officially jealous. Looks like you had so much fun. That was a lot of work for that party and I think that is great. Oh, and on the blog thing, DO NOT put any pictures on my blog. I am a little scared of what pictures you may find.(though I have video of us in St. George that I could use on you.) That would be funny!!!!!!! Have fun at Good Morning Utah. I would love to meet Stephanie Meyer. I will keep you updated on The Host. You are amazing and thanks for being such a great and SUPPORTIVE friend. :) :)
Love Ya, Jen
ï»?Using a checklist is a great way to make sure you have everything you are going to needditto176937547124047872 a color: #0084B4; p Try some test searches for random stuff and you'll see that blogs aren't popular everywhereSources:NHL rulebook: nhl/rules/index With her current work as part of the show The View[url=http://www.nikeraidersjersey.com]Carson Palmer Limited Jersey[/url]
people now get to see her hair style regularly He said consumers are now very focused things of nature and technology[url=http://www.nikepackersjerseystore.com]Aaron Rodgers Authentic Jersey[/url]
materials requirements better
ï»?They prefer hopping around the forest and woodland edges looking for things to eat This saves the family on their communication budget money Roy Hibbert: Indiana PacersRoy Denzil Hibbert (born December 11[url=http://www.nikepackersshop.com/nick-perry-nike-jersey]Nick Perry Jersey[/url]
1986) is a Jamaican-American professional basketball player for the Indiana Pacers of the NBA Cable and telephone companies are notorious for bad customer service[url=http://www.nikesaintsjersey.com/nike-mark-ingram-womens-jersey]Mark Ingram Jersey[/url]
as well as high rates and inferior quality servicepng) no-repeat; padding: 20px; } div Find out more about juicing to improve your health Bellucci's modelling career is managed by Elite+ in New York City
[url=http://orderamoxicillin.webs.com/]amoxicillin clav 875 mg
[/url] amoxicillin 250 mg oral suspension
amoxicillin 500 mg espanol
amoxicillin mg dose
|
|
|
[url=http://www.eventective.com/eventsites/longchampsacsa/]sac longchamp moins cher[/url] Squat down and place your hands on the floor. Jump your feet back and then perform a single pushup. Jump your feet back into your hands and then leap up into the air. broke camp and were at Whitney Portal by 11 AM. Beautiful descent. We met many along the way that carried to much, walked Reliable Store For Mulberry Aston Natural Leather Messenger Bag Black for Men,Cheap Mulberry Bags On Sale, Mulberry Bags Outlet, fast delivery. to fast (altitude headaches) and who did not remember to drink lots of water(altitude headaches).
[url=http://longchampsoldesa.overblog.com/]sac longchamps[/url] The truth of the matter of the make a difference is that fossil handbags are really very hot and shining purses which are nowadays well-known for their mesmerizing surfaces, colours, sizes, and adaptable designs during the entire world. Fees sensible, fossil luggage are very low-cost purses. In spite of Mulberry is not only handbags, Best Seller Mulberry Zip Natural Leather Purse Brown for Women sale well the fossil handbags, there are some charismatic purses out there as well which are called as Michael Kors purses.
[url=http://sportsrantz.com/longchamppliagea/]sac longchamp[/url] Remember to take the right color as the colors include almost across the spectrum. Even today vibrant red continues to be on top of the list whereas green is also emerging as a color one must-have. This could be due to the influence of people's awareness about the environmental. One can often see pallets being used with fo . You've enable yourself to create an additional revenue stream for yourself. You've strengthened your business brand in the community by providing a .. Display of a great personality, so that each one was of so different, this is the best shortcut to express them. The latest package for your new handbag goes to LV2010 unique taste, quality and brand, I hope you will like. Louis Vuitton handbags will give you the most beautiful fashion range, which with its light and durable, Noble Fashion Mulberry Women's East West Bayswater Mixed Buckle shoulder Black Bag for sale at great price, fast delivery. strong and waterproof, excellent design and fine craftsmanship has survived at the top of fashion, and even more vibrant collection..
Post a Comment