Sunday, October 26, 2008

Traded In...

Our conversation played out a bit like this tonight...

Kindra: You are so mean. You are the meanest Mom ever and you always make me go to bed when I want to play and make a horseland. You are so, so mean and right now I don't like you!

Me: Goodnight Kindra.

Kindra : I am going to get a new Mom. I am going to call someone and tell them how mean you are and they will send me a new one!

Me: Goodnight Kindra.

20 minutes later she came into my room.

Kindra: I love you Mom. I made a new choice. I want to take it all back. You are not a mean Mom all of the time. Just at bedtime.

Me: Goodnight Kindra. I love you too.

Oh me and that child are going to have some rough years ahead of us. Mark my words. They will be rough! I can hardly wait!

5 comments:

The Miner Trio said...

I love it. Aspen and I have had similar conversations. I think it is cute when they realize that they said something that hurt your feelings.

The Blaisdell Family said...

And that is exactly why I'm glad to have only 1 girl. SO much drama!! (and entertaining)

Parenting is so hard. Even when they say I love you, the previous comments still hurt sometimes. The sacrifices parents make in all areas of life!

Mistie said...

Oh, i love her!!! I love that sassyness and attitude....LLLLOOVE IT!!!

Parks Family said...

They will love us again later after they have had similar conversations with their own kids.

*WEST* said...

Ohhhh have I been there! And you handled it SO well! I love that it took her only 20 min to realize what she did, too cute!