Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Another Good Old Oprah Moment...

Good old Oprah comes through once again! As I was catching up on yesterday's episode, there was a part that really gave me the tingles. Though she was talking about her body in terms of being overweight, it was something that I needed to hear about her attitude in general...

"2009 is going to be more about joy...having more joy and more balance. I have realized that to "love" yourself is a never ending journey.

My goal is to be healthy. To be strong and fit. One of the things that I've needed to learn is how to embrace this body. I need to embrace the body that I have and to be grateful for what this body has given me. That's where you have to begin because God blessed me with this body. In spite of being exhausted, overwhelmed, not asking for help, and for always having so much to do...MY body still worked for me. My heart still worked for me and for that I am grateful. For that I am truly grateful."

So yeah. I'm going to try to remember this the next time I bitch about "my body". In spite of being exhausted, overwhelmed, not asking for help, and for always having so much nerve pain...MY body still worked for me. MY body still works for me and for that I am truly grateful! For that I will always try to remember.

7 comments:

Kate Coveny Hood said...

That is inspirational. I think about that every time I think that I hate something about my physical appearance. Who cares what it looks like - it's there, and it's doing it's job - and I should just be grateful for that. Then I go back to complaining about my love handles - but at least I made note of what really matters.

kthomas said...

It's about time the girl with six pack abs, ripped arms, and a body we all envy realizes she's grateful for it! Woo Woo! Does this mean that when you are chugging up a steep grass hill you'll let friends push you now? Ha ha ha gotta luv ya!

The Blaisdell Family said...

I watched that episode too and I cried (a lot). When she was speaking it was like someone hearing my thoughts. I know how she feels about the weight thing and loved everything she had to say. Turning 30 was suppose to be MY year, but I was pregnant almost the whole time. So 31 will be my year I guess:) I'm making improvements, slowly, but I'm trying.

I AM GOING TO SHINE IN 2009!!!

*WEST* said...

Another reason I love to read your blog. I always come away feeling better! You are so inspiring. Hope that you have a great day!!

Karin Austin said...

I love you! Thanks for letting me know I'm not the only one out there feeling that way. Different circumstances but I am grateful I have my body that keeps working for me so I can be with the ones I love. Now to get your 6 pack lol!

Anonymous said...

What a great new way to view 2009!
Thank you so much!
I am going to print this out and look at it everyday to remind me.
Here's to a year of gratitude and joy :-)

Mistie said...

Love this post. I need to watch that Oprah on my DVR. I love your attitude and postitive outlook KT! And you know you are HOT and have the cutest bod!! love you! cant wait to hang out this week!