Clear back in November, the Program Director for the St George Marathon called and had some questions that they wanted to ask me so we had about a 20 minute chat. I just assumed that they wanted to have some knowledge about those who had won. No big deal.
Then my friend Nicole sent me this text..."Hey I just got the St George Marathon results book. I'll bring it to lunch. Great article. Way to go! You're a
SuperStar now!!!"...
Huh??? What article??? I ran out to my my box and found that my mail-man had brought me this...

First of all. I know that I look like such the seriously concentrating nimrod here. Classic! Now when I say that it was intense...you'll believe it! But still. I wish that they could have gotten a hot one of me :(
hehehe or
at least one without the "puffy face"....

Second. I had NO IDEA that they were going to do a full on article. Really. But I will admit that I'm excited that they did it and that I feel very proud. It was a huge accomplishment and it's nice to be recognized like that. I'm not being conceited about it at all but I am very proud of myself! It makes me even more motivated to participate in as many races as I can.
Last. It's fun to go back and see/read some of the things that you say when you are asked certain questions. For me, when I feel like I'm not "on the spot", I answer questions more honestly and say exactly how it is. So read up because this article definitely is a "Katie" one!
ps. that is going to be my new slogan..."the ability within my disability" (thanks
tara...
hehehe)
17 comments:
Wow, this is so cool! What an awesome surprise. You deserve the recognition because, um... you rule. Congratulations!!
That's amazing! J is right - you do rule.
You have bragging rights!!!! That is so COOL....
Way to go! Sounds like you found your passion.
I left the last comment..but for some reason it posted anonymous. Just wanted to let you know...
That is so awesome! I am proud of you. You are a total natural at this, I hope you can keep it up next summer. :) Keep us all updated!!
So amazing! Congrats! Lunch?
I'm impressed! Way to go girl:)
Katie, another great milestone for you!! You really need to write a book. So get started on it now!!! Just think how many peoples life you could influence for the posetive. If ya need an agent or someone to go over your rough drafts let me know!!! I will only charge a small fee......
it was such an awesome article!! and the picture is great- it shows grit:) you are an inspiration to so many people, i'm glad all the thousands of marathoners could read this story and look for you next year! for the slogan...hey, what can i say, it's going to be the title of your book someday!
This is totally awesome girl!!! congrats.
Hey how are you, sorry my life has been a little out of control since Thanksgiving, but now that I am back to normal we all need to get together. Let me know when.
Melissa
This is awesome! Congrats. You've got determination and strength and I love it!! Your kids will never forget that about you, I'm sure of it.
This was a huge accomplishment!! Are doing the Boston?
Wow! Well done! You should be very proud of yourself, that's awesome!! I would love to have an article written all about me without me knowing! Very cool
That is SO cool Katie!! I loved the article, it made me want to get up and get moving!! I'm gonna find some way to get you on Oprah. And when you do, you better get me front row seats:)
Holy Crap! that really is so awesome! KT- you are amazing. I just love you! And that quote really needs to be framed..."ability disability..." WOW! you really are an inspiration and i am proud of my little friend. Love you!
Post a Comment