OK. This is a warning. This is going to be one of my "bitching" posts about not just the ignorant things that people do, but about the completely asinine ways that people act!
I have not "hung out" with my friend Fionna in a long time. We talk on the phone or I'll talk to her while she is coloring my hair but other than that, it's been years since we've really done anything. It finally worked out and we made a plan to go see the new "Benjamen Button" movie on Friday (which was great) so I picked her up and we headed down to Thanksgiving Point. I've bitched about this theatre before, but they only have 3 Handicap stalls for the theatres. Now let me remind you that I could care less about having to walk or wheel a long way to an entrance but it's just hard to find a spot that allows me to open my car doors wide enough to get my chair all taken apart and put away.
Anyway, there was not a spot available so we just found another one that would work and on our way we went in to see the movie. We watched it (and it was great!) and we headed out to our car. Now here is where it gets good! There is a lined off section that is not a parking spot because it is right where the ramp is from the road to the sidewalk. There was a car parked there which blocked the ramp. Now this has happened once before when I was with my sister and we complained only to find out that the car had belonged to the manager who was just "quickly" running in which in turn found us with a whole stack of free tickets! :) Not so much this time....
Luckily, I was able to maneuver my way down but still had the right side of my wheels on a hill of ice (and I kept spinning out which always pisses me off) and the left side was scraping the cars front bumper. I was IRATE! I could not believe the irony that this was all happening the FIRST time that I'd been with Fionna in forever and SHE is the BEST person to be with in these type of situations because she is just as confrontational as I am.
At that exact moment I hear the "bep bep" alarm go off, the lights go on, and the car unlock. Five feet away are the owners of this car. I told myself to "Just walk away. Just walk away" and Fionna is telling me to "get right back there and say something. NOW Katie!!" (I've been trying to work on staying calm and keeping my temper under control so I was trying so hard to just get to my car without FREAKING OUT!)
But sorry. I could not help myself. I turned around and went right over to the 2 women.
"Excuse me. I realize that you have a permit and I realize that you may have a medical condition that allows you to park here but you're not even in a spot. You've blocked the ramp and luckily I'm able to still find a way down but not all may be able to do so. Could you please not do that again, obey the rules that come with being able to park here, and just be more conscious about where you park?"
The women just sneered at me for a moment and then the driver snidely said "Yeah. I'm really sorry" in a tone that clearly informed me that she was not! The fire erupted in my blood which forced me to come back with a...
"Are you really going to be a bitch about this? I calmly and politely came over here to ask you to just be conscious about it because it's extremely rude and selfish and you are going to be a bitch to me? I can be a bitch too and you're lucky that I didn't key your damn car because that was my first thought! Out of all of the people in this theatre and out of all of the people who are taking advantage of the handicap parking, I'm probably the only one who is legitimately "handicapped" and yet I'm OK to park far away and walk. Why could you not be polite when you are clearly in the wrong and when I'm just asking you to be conscious. You are not even parked in a stall." (during this she tried to shut the door and I weaseled my way in so that she could not)
I was done. There was nothing more to say so I turned to go back to my car. (I'm sorry but I'm a swearer when I'm angry so NO...I did not edit my language for her! It makes me feel like I've gotten my point across. Immature I know but it's harsh and then you really know and understand just how angry I am! Just because you have a permit does not give you the right to be RUDE, INSENSITIVE, and SELFISH)
I was livid. I was fired up. How can people be so Lazy? Selfish? Clueless? Mean? Ignorant by choice? Oh it just makes me irate!!!! But the best part was that I was with Fionna who was just loving it! "Well Fionna...this is what you get when you hang out with me!"
But not really because things like that don't always happen. Just once every 6 months but I could not believe what a creature that this woman was. Honestly...I was polite and calm until I got the "biotch vibe" but then? Look out. Are you really ready for this?
On our drive home, we were laughing so hard! How hilarious was that?!? How fun was that to just GO OFF on someone and especially when I had EVERY right to do so!
I guess it's somewhat true...You never know what you're in for when you hang out with me!
hehehe ooooops!?!



















19 comments:
Good for you!! They deserved it.. I love your old dance pics so funny!
Katie,
That was so FUNNY!!! Believe me when I was just as mad as you were...I'm glad I told you to go back over there and speak your mind!!!(or I was going to and that wouldn't of pretty) I was very pist at how rude and thoughtless people can be!! But I have to admit it was the icing on the cake to a perfect evening out with good old Katie T. Love you Girl ; )
Ps You could of used some better pics of me! Hell I would of emailed them to you....
I'm glad you didn't go off like that to the elderly lady with the bouncy shoes at Ed week...it wouldn't have gone over so well at BYU :)
Oh-my-GOSH! I wish I was there to see that...lol! You ROCK girl.
I can't believe how people can be so absolutly thoughtless and rude. You handled it perfect:)
Nice one! Way to tell them what's up! I haven't witnessed this side of you yet, but I'm almost scared to- maybe we'll pick a fight next time we go out:)haha
I freakin love you!!! I'm so very glad that you are still that spit fire, no messing around, tell it how it is Katie. Never change that!!! I'm very proud that you have the courage to stand up for what is right and maybe put those no good SOB in there place. I'm sure it was a REALITY check for them. Thanks for posting, I always go away laughing!!!
Good for you! It's so rare that you actually have the opportunity to do that. I'm glad you took advantage of it!
Lol....
Katie,
There sure are some ignorant people out there. I admire that you had the courage to let them know they were in the wrong. I usually go up to those kind of people and ask if I can shake their hand because I want the honor of meeting one of the "special people" who are above all the rules the rest of us abide by. Anyway.... thanks for the edit. Peace.... Leesa's mom...
For a little perspective...I would like to invite you to read my post on my blog. send me your email and I will put you in.
I've seen the wrath of Terry and would not want to be those two girls! hahaha I loved the post! Especially since our AZ trip consisted of finding appropriate parking and space for you to exit my little car:) Some people are just selfish! GOOD FOR YOU KATIE - NEVER CHANGE!
You go girl!
I havent read you blog in FOREVER! You seriously are the best. i am the exact same way when it comes to letting someone have it when they OOOHHHH so deserve it and you KNOW you are SOOOO right in every way. The women were obviously insecure and imature - being the fact that they didnt even recognize what idiots they were. Good job KT!! i really am proud of you. I can promise you if i would have been there- i would have had to say a thing or two myself.
I always think about you know when I think of using a handicap parking spot, and reading posts like this makes me realize why I don't even think about it ;) I can probably guarantee that the lady won't do that again!!! I sure wouldn't, it's good for a person to get some straight talk every now and then, especially when they are rude and don't seem to know it.
i bet that woman is the relief society president in her ward, uh i do not want to move back to utah in june
Post a Comment