Thursday, February 4, 2010

Our Days Of "Sluffin"...

Kindra LOVES to hear her name being said on the intercom as the secretary informs her teacher that "Kindra is being checked out". I think that it's mostly because then she gets all of the attention from the boys who want to "escape" too! One little boy, Landon, even said "I'll marry you if you take me with you!" LOL Way too funny but I remember having those same exact feelings. The hope that it would be my name called and the wish that I could "escape" back to my home!
We did a BFF "Girls Only" ski afternoon and once again had way too much fun! Thank goodness that I am done with school and no wonder I always wanted to sluff. Oh. Wait. I did!?! :)
This week Carter finally wanted to come. We go up in the afternoons, which is also the time that Carter has PE/Gym and he NEVER wants to miss it. I know I shouldn't complain because it could be the other way around but still. Come on? Skiing or school?!?

My FAVORITE picture of them together!!! That day I got the best compliment EVER from Laura, who is the ski instructor.

"Your kids are great together and have so much fun with each others accomplishments. They laugh together and are both so worried and concerned about the other one. We see so many brother/sister pairs who can not stand each other but not with your two. They seem like they are the best of friends! It is so rewarding to see them learning and having fun with skiing together!"

That really hit home since when you get to be my age, you fully understand how important your family really is and of how much you need them and depend on them. I am so happy in the importance that my parents placed on family love and unity. I hope that my kids will always be the best of friends because when times get tough, they will be the ones who really understand and "get" each other...the same way that I am with my siblings.

No comments: