Before we were able to get on a lane, the enviroment was very uncontrolable and I was beginning to freak out a little in my head and begged the kids to go home and make our own bowling alley. It, of course, did not happen and there were times when I asked myself why it is that I try to plan things like this?!? I talked myself into becoming a hermit in my house with my kids by my side. It had it's moments, I stayed calm on the outside, and we ended up having fun! As we were driving away Carter asked "Did I do good Mom, did I bowl good Mom" and I positively replied "YES you did!" He then added "Oh Mom, Dad, I just love you so much. Thanks for taking us bowling!" I looked at Trevor, smiled and commented that it's because of praise like that, that we do these things! I needed to hear that and to be humbled like that. I need to learn to give a *$#$&*# less what people think and to only care about what my kids think and about the memories they will have on how their Mom reacted and the attitude that she had. It was an eye opening experience that I needed to have...and to think...at the "Jack and Jill's Bowling Alley" in good old AF?!?
Monday, February 4, 2008
Bowling or Insanity---I'm Not Sure Which?!?
Carter requested to go bowling when it is the "summer" time but as I thought about it yesterday, bowling is a perfect "winter" activity so I surprised them with this being our FHE activity! (as did the rest of the city of American Fork!) While we were impatiently waiting, the kids played with some of the arcade games and I just had to ssshhh the thoughts that were going through my head of what other children and germs had touched those machines!?!

Kindra had to show off some of her bowling skills to me as she waited. "See Mom, this is how you have to do it!" and she was so worried about me not being able to participate because "you need legs, Mom"?!?


...still impatiently waiting...


...aaaand were off!


Carter of course with the green ball and...
...Kindra with the purple!
Kindra made us wait behind the line so that she could do it ALL by herself. Oh boy!
The kids had a lot of fun...Mom and Dad were having anxieties but had fun seeing them smile! Carter ended off with two spares which made him very proud and excited. Mom even got in a little spat with a woman who needed to mind her own business when Carter accidently dropped a bowling ball that landed 10 feet away from her almost broken foot :) W. T. classic!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



















3 comments:
Their reaction is really the only reason we do things we'd rather not, isn't it? I HATE bowling, but I suffer through once a year or so just to get that response, and to check it off my list!
Jack and Jill's really!! Just kidding. I have to admit when I first saw your blog I thought you were crazy for taking them bowling but by the time I finished reading, it made me want to take Aspen bowling to. You are such a good mom. Not only for doing the things you do for your kids but for maintaining a good relationship with their dad. I haven't seen Trevor in years. It was good to see a few pictures of him.
That's so fun! You always do fun FHE. That's probably going to be a tough goal to keep with me. I' am not creative with FHE and the planning and everything...but you'll have to tell me what exactly happened at the bowlling alley with the lady,...hmm kay?
Post a Comment