I got the bath ready for Carter and Kindra, with the bubbles and all. They jumped in and got all washed. I let them stay in for a bit to play. Bad move on my part!I went into my bedroom to hang some clothes up, occasionaly checking in on them to make sure that all was ok. They are big enough to not get hurt...get into trouble but hopefully not get hurt. I heard them laughing and just having a good time. I swear, to myself, I thought of just how happy I was that they are best friends and can have fun with each other! I was laughing to myself and thanking my lucky stars that they are growing and becoming self sufficient. BAAAAD MOVE!
I heard the first splash and it did not register until I heard the second splash. Huh? I was confused and yelled if they were ok. "YES" was the answer that came back. Splash Splash! What the - ? But the voice in my head knew exactly what was going to be the scene when I went in there and sure enough....There was water everywhere and I mean EVERYWHERE! Covering the floor, on the walls, on the toilet, on the counter. I completely freaked out...yelling at the top of my lungs and asking them what they were doing? "We are having fun and we are playing water-board", Kindra said. Ok, fine...water-board is clever but come on! They were throwing cups of water to see who could make it the farthest and splash the most. I was so pissed! Who are they, how old are they? They know that you just don't do that! "But we're having fun and I am sorry but it was fun", Kindra said. "I'm sorry Mom", came out of Carter's mouth. "We don't do things just because they are fun, we do things that are fun AND that are the right choice", I yelled back. Needless to say, they got out, got their pajamas on, and were sent to bed! It was a pain but was easily mopped and cleaned up with towels.
I called Trevor after they were in bed because I was so flustered. I love that my kid's can have fun but there are the times like this when they throw caution into the wind and do something crazy that I freak! I hate getting mad at them but I must when I am trying to teach them a lesson. When they say sorry, I always accept the apology but how long do you remain angry? I don't want my kids thinking that I am always mad at them because it will make them believe that they can never talk to me! But why do they make more work than what needs to be done? This always happens when I am sick too and that just makes it worse! Overall, my kids are the best "helpers and jobbers" and I am so lucky for that but it is the moment's like last night that just blow me out of the water! Literally this time!
PS Don't forget that I am sick and that my spellcheck is not working so :(



















5 comments:
This EXACT scenario, minus the title of the game, happened to me a few weeks ago and I about lost my mind! Water from one side of the room to the other; they were just filling up a big tupperware and heaving the water out onto the floor! THose same thoughts went through my head and out my mouth: What on Earth makes you think this is okay? What would possess you to do this? It's these moments that test me as a mom, because I want to throttle the little twerps.
Hey I would have done the same thing , freaking out like that. I hate messes! But it all washes away when they are having so much fun and giggling. Well that's the life of a mom. And luckily it was just water ;)
i hate messes the most...not really but i can understand how that would be frustrating.
Katie- i tagged you. First time i have ever "tagged someone"-- go to my blog to get the details. love ya...
OK, OK, OK so here is a comment. I have out lawed double baths for that exact reason. It amazes me how more water ends up outside the tub than inside of it. Are you still planning a trip out here?
Post a Comment