Monday, October 13, 2008

Gaining Another Sister...

It's down to 4 days until John-Charles and Ashley's BIG day and to be honest, they are dying with giddiness and excitement. I told them that "they" are another reason that I need to add to my "I'm moving" list! wink wink Totalling kidding - er - kind of? :)
On Friday we got together for the shower that my Grandma put together for Ashley. We sat her down and gave her the "low down" and told her just how jealous we are of her to be marrying John-Charles. He is going to be the best hubby and the best friend ever! We told Ashley that John-Charles is going to get the same talkin to since HE is so lucky to have gotten her! We love Ashley and figure that we're just gaining another sister. She is the perfect addition to our family!

Don't worry...I didn't pull out the "pearl necklace undies" at Grandma's house. At Jenny's friend shower, she got a book that I thought was the best idea ever! The name of the book is "101 Hot and Sexy Dares" or something similar to that. It's pages are sealed and they have hubby pages and wife pages. Every so often you each rip open a page, without the other one knowing, read what your dare is, and then perform it. It just keeps things different and not boring which can so happen!?! I thought that it was a great and fun idea so that is what I bought her...to spice it up every once in a while. I also told her to keep the details to herself since hearing about my bro is not something that I want to envision!

Love ya Ashley and I am so excited for you 2! You are perfect in every way! (can you tell that I've been watching "Mary Poppins" a little too much??? oh boy!!!)

....we missed you Lyssa :) and it's 4 days until we get to see you again!!!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Congrats again to your family. What a compliment to your brother to be jealous of his wife. I hope my daughters feel that way about their brother. Miss you - hope you're well.

John-Charles said...

I'm pretty darn excited about this one!

Anonymous said...

Reconnecting with old friends is the best!!

I found you on mom blogs. I am a paraplegic mom and was hoping to connect with a few others that seem to have a happy and active life!! :)

I hope to hear back from you. My blog is linked!!

Anonymous said...

or not.

www.hedlin.com/blog