Monday, October 13, 2008

My Long Lost Friend---

Last Thursday night, about 9:30 pm, we were all settled in bed, lights off, indicating the "leave us alone" message to the neighbors...I heard someone, we heard someone knock on the door. I hurried to get presentable and the kids jumped out of their beds to run to the door and see who it is. I will admit. I was completely annoyed. Who comes this late to the door when the lights are all off???

I opened the door and just stared, confused at the face that I was seeing in front of me. Huh? I thought to myself..."What are you doing here? I am so confused. Where have you been? What is your phone number? I thought that you were still in VA or is it CA? What are you doing here??? Where are your kids?" (she has 3 and they are so freakin cute or Keriann just has the OCD symptoms like myself???)

"I lost your # and I've been driving around, in the dark, for an hour trying to find your house" she stated. I was not even surprised. That is so something that she would do! When she's on a mission, she'll stop at nothing!

Once upon a time, August of 1998, I was a nobody at Southern Virginia University. I knew no one and had gone looking for some kind of new adventure. I needed to re-find myself. It was the best thing that I could have ever done!

Keriann was one of the first girls that I met (though I think it was because she was in awe of my 19 year old little brother Jake) but she took me in under her wing. She was also a teammate of mine so we ended up spending alot of time together. All of my classic SVC memories include her. Even when it was just B (my boy) and I hanging out, Keriann would, could come hang out with us. "Oh Ann!?!"
The next day I went on a "hang out" ride with Keriann up to Park City while she ran some errands. We exchanged our drama stories of life and laughed and connived over some that were from the past. It was so good to see her and we laughed so hard!

Of course. You know me. I had to pull out some old photos to re-live some of our younger and more wilder days.....
Tiffany Dunn Parks, me, (look how short my hair was!) Keriann Wall McKeon, & Leigh Raleigh
Me, B, and Keriann
Keriann, Me, Tiffany, and Nancy Baxter Kimball...the original girls club...
...our Spring Break trip to Panama Beach, Florida...
Keriann's classic birthday pics when we kidnapped her... "Ann...you know that you LOVE it!"

Me and Keriann at our end of the year sports banquet...

Keriann stopping by my house got me thinking about alot of my "deeply buried" memories. We had such a fun time that year. One unlike any other. I will never forget any of "our group" and still talk to all of them except for one, which is to be expected. Ex's CAN NOT BE FRIENDS which is a concept that I'm learning more and more each day!!! (that's another story for another day...maybe???)

Keriann...love ya and our plan??? Yeah...it's on a cross off calendar at this point!!! hehehe

11 comments:

Mistie said...

I love hearing from old friends. those friends are the best when you can just catch up from where you left off. Dont worry- i wont ever stop by to visit you after 9:00pm!!! j/k btw- i miss you... we need to hang out. also, we need to start planning our cali trip!!!

John-Charles said...

Look at you in your little skimpy bikini! But still cute enough. Ahhh memories!

John-Charles said...

PS i really like the sidebar pictures.

Parks Family said...

I would have rather been with you guys over the weekend than at the Homecoming. It was fun, but none of my girls were there. That is great you were able to get together. Love the pictures. That really was a great year!

Heather said...

Ha! That sounds just like KerriAnn!

karey m. said...

good god...you haven't aged a bit!

Lyssa Beth said...

I am glad you had another trip down memory lane! Those years over there must have been crazy!
So you need to head on over to my blog: you can sign up for those survey's that pay you!

Karin Austin said...

Katie,
Brooke found me through you. So why isn't she on your list? Help...
I'm clueless.
Karin

*WEST* said...

I love all the old pics! I love to go back through pics especially to see all the hair styles we went through. What a great surprise for you.
So I had to tell my mom about your dept 56 houses...she is JEALOUS. Every time we hit down town Disney we could be in that store for HOURS! Have a great night!

Julie said...

That takes me back!! Holy Crap those were the good old days.

How fun that she stopped by unannounced. Your blog is so fun:)

Nielson fam said...

Hi, I don't really know exactly who you are, but I was in Virginia the same time and know most of the people in those pics! How funny, I saw your blog through Mandee Gillen, (Jake is my Cousin) Virginia really was the best!
Crystal