My obsessive feelings have not changed and I'm in no way being a "Halloween bah humbug", but I just couldn't do it the same as I usually do! Remember...this is my FAVORITE HOLIDAY!!! I will admit that my thoughts towards the $cost$ of this habit have changed. With my income being a bit different and my views of needs vs wants also being different, I just can't fork out the $800 to Dept 56 that it will cost to "have every new years piece" so I gave myself a limit this year. Only the very, very best 2 pieces that will go right along with my awesome collection (not to brag but it is quite awesome in every aspect of the word and it's also had some great memories to get there too).
To show you all what it was like last year and so that you can compare it to this year...check out this link:
http://www.hotwheels24.blogspot.com/2007/09/indoor-phase-one.html
...and yes. This is the extent of my boxes this year. I told you it was SIMPLE!
Once I had it all taken out and put together, this link will show you what it looked like when it was "c'est finis":
http://www.hotwheels24.blogspot.com/2007/09/cest-fini.html
...and this is this years masterpiece??? I know. Very pathetic when compared but it was just not gona happen this year.
I did however keep up our traditions when it came to the outside Halloween curb appeal! I could not let that one go :) Here are the links for last years efforts:
http://www.hotwheels24.blogspot.com/2007/09/psychotic.html
http://www.hotwheels24.blogspot.com/2007/09/phase-two.htmlhttp://www.hotwheels24.blogspot.com/2007/09/let-festivities-begin.html
We had fun this year putting it all together! The kids could not wait and since they are older, actually helped out alot! I let go of some of my OCD and let them decide where some of the things went. I had a good laugh because they even remembered where some of the "decor spots" had been last year and still chose to put them there. Thats the best...when I let them feel like they are in control, when really they're not, and I'm just letting them think and believe that they are! "My plans are all coming together...hehehe!" Yes. It's possible. I can be quite tricky when I need and want to be :)
HAPPY PRE-HALLOWEEN!!!



















7 comments:
I love it. I am so happy you did that. I am a little sad about the village but can't wait until Chirstmas. You are amazing!
I love your Halloween decorations. It brings me back to being a kid and trick or treating. Houses like yours were the 'target' houses because they usually had the best candy and were the coolest ones to visit. What fun memories for you and your kiddies.
You are so freakin awesome...your kids have the best mom ever!!
I love Halloween as well! I love how you get into it, your decorations are great!!!!
Nicely put how you let the kids "think" they are in control when they actually aren't. I have OCD too and like to do things MY way. I let my kids help sometimes and like you, love when they are actually doing it my way. So tricky.
got back from homecomming. saw lots of people. I havn't posted yet, but will soon. Kindee says hi. And wants to get together with you in Utah. Track her down via facebook. You should have come. And better soon!
Nicely done, I am so dreading putting up Halloween, it's already the middle of October so do I really have to still decorate??? I know, it's worth it to the kids even if the decorations are only out for a week:( boo hoo me!
Oh boy!! I love your OCD. I think we all have it in us in different aspects of our lives!! I cant wait to stop by (not late, of course...hahaha) to see it in person. it looks amazing. i love halloween too and ashton is obsesses as well. he would love to see it as well. i havent pulled out my stuff yet...still in a box somewhere... you inspired me though to dig through some stuff and decorate!!
Post a Comment