Friday, November 28, 2008

More About Me...

10 years ago

I was attending Southern Virginia University just beginning our Women's Basketball season. Exactly this weekend 10 yrs ago I was in Washington DC celebrating Thanksgiving with a friends family and doing lots of shopping in one of my favorite places...old Georgetown. So much fun!

8 years ago

I had just gotten married and was learning how to cook my first Thanksgiving dinner. (It obviously didn't sink in cause I'm still learning!)

6 years ago

I had just been in my car accident, becoming paralyzed, pregnant with K, and was now home learning how to "live" again. To be honest...I really don't remember alot about that time in my life. I think I've blocked it out :)

2 years ago

Working where I had thought I wanted to be and was just about to meet "he who will not be named" and was about to create my blog.

5 of my favorite yummies

a cherry coke from Sonic
chocolate anything
perogies
cereal
cheesy potatoes

5 places that I'd escape to

Prince Edward Island
New Zealand
a movie theatre that would allow me to watch continuous movies
a remote villa in Italy
the island of "Lost"

5 things that I would never wear again

NEVER say NEVER with the way styles are changing and rotating these days

5 of my favorite TV shows

LOST
The Amazing Race
Greys Anatomy
The Mentalist
The Eleventh Hour

5 things that I enjoy doing

Reading
Shopping
Traveling/Adventures
Right now...Hand Cycling
Decorating

5 of my favorite toys

Computer
iPod
driving fast in my car
RISK
an old school "Game Boy"

2 comments:

Kate Coveny Hood said...

I'm embarrassed to say this - but I didn't notice that you were in a wheelchair until right now. I did look at your pictures - but I was kind of zeroing in on what a beautiful young mom you are, and didn't really notice much else. (I know - hotwheels - just didn't get it - sorry).

Anyway - I have to do a list like this, and reading yours is motivating. I have a mental block about memes - but the 10, 8, etc. years ago is interesting...

Bray said...

Kate Coveny Hood.....don't feel bad,I didn't realize for a long time that Katie was in a wheel chair either...in fact it wasn't until I read the post about you qualifying for the Boston marathon.(congrats BTW) Katie you said what your time was and having run the St. George marathon twice and I about fell off my chair. I was like "Wow this is the fastest lady I have ever heard of" I almost left a horifying message about you being the fastest runner when I paused and looked at the pictures and was so glad that I hadn't pushed "publish". I hope you are not sensitive and thinking I am so rude right now. You are just so strong active and have so much moxie and I love that about you.
Ok on to more important things....Are you Canadian??? Only a Canadian would list Perogies as a favorite food. Did you realize that I am also Canadian? So funny, I knew I really liked you!