Thursday, November 13, 2008

OH MY! OH MY! OH MY!

Real quick. I just got the best phone call EVER! Since I am now marathon addicted, I've looked at a few that I want to compete/participate in. I went to lunch with a friend, Nicole, who also ran in the St. George marathon. She was so excited because she had done her best time ever which qualified her to be able to run in the Boston Marathon. I told her that I was still waiting to hear back from them to see if my time from the St. George qualified me because that's also one that's on my list.
Well today I found out that my time of 2 hrs 26 min DOES qualify me with the 1 minute over exception since usually the cap is 2 hrs 25 min!!! I am so excited!!! Can you imagine if I had missed it by even more than that???? I would have been so pissed because if I would have known, I would have had a goal and would have busted my butt even more to hit it! Really I was more worried about just finishing the race seeing that I had no clue what I was really doing?!?!?
I'll keep you posted. It probably won't be until the 2010 race so that we can do it together but still. So freakin relieved and ecstatic!!!

20 comments:

Leesa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leesa said...

good job cute girl-- so good to see u the other night! I have missed u tons!

*WEST* said...

CONGRATS!!!!

The Blaisdell Family said...

YIIIIPPPPEEEE!!!! That is great Katie! Congrats!!

Amanda said...

You rock my face off!

Dan and Katie said...

holy cow! Awesome! I'll be rooting for you!

The Brockbanks said...

You are my idol!! Congrats1

Mistie said...

YYYYEESSSS!!!!

Like a Lily said...

AHHmazing.

Soo cool. Uh, also, is it fair that you dominate in everything you try??

Like a Lily said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Parks Family said...

2010 we will still be here so I can come out and watch! Congrats!

Julie said...

You rock girl!!

Your Own Personal Jenny said...

I love your new blog design! It's really cute. That's so exciting about Boston. Maybe I can start saving and come with you!!! Not to run of course...I tried at the gym today...yep, one mile. Kill Me Now. Give me a stair climber over a treadmill any day! Love You Sis. XOXOXOXOXO

steph said...

That's so exciting! You're unstoppable!

whit said...

So amazing! Seriously.

Brooke said...

I love how excited and pumped you are. That is the perfect attitude! Great job!!!

Like a Lily said...

Also...CUTE blog.
did you get my email!??

Lyssa Beth said...

Rock ON!!!

Regardez Moi said...

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You rule. Period.

Joe Bouchelle said...

This is so awesome! Good for you! Oh the difference one minute makes.... Well done.