
Through some more of those random events that luckily get to happen to me, I have become friends with
this guy. He has been working a lot with the
Ascend Alliance organization already and now I get to too! The best part is that not only will we be presenting and speaking at their annual gala but we'll be going...YES GOING to Peru on one of their
Humanitarian Expeditions!!! I am dying with excitement to go and serve! Never in a million years would I have thought that this Summer I would be in Peru. I warned them that the first day we arrive, I will probably be a balling wreck. I mean, heck, I cry at "The Biggest Loser" and "Extreme Home Makeover" so I can only imagine?!? But I know that I will fall in love with the people that we will be serving and love doing anything that I can to help them improve their way of life! What a humbling experience it will be. I can't wait! Funny too that my brother will also be in Peru during that same time since that is where he will be serving an
LDS mission. We won't be together but I'm so excited that we'll get to experience some of the same things! Again, how random is that?!? For me this is another example of being in the right place, at the right time and following your gut!
I'm trying to also tie in together some additional work here with The Utah Hand-Cycle team and am always looking for sponsors. Please let me know if you know of anyone that would be interested or if you have any ideas that I could use. Thanks!!!
ps...i made reno a promise that i would explain why he's growing a beard. one of his "boys" is currently going through chemo and so they have "made an arrangement" and NO. he is not letting himself go. (did you know? people actually care and write about his grooming habits?!? what the???)
No comments:
Post a Comment