Sunday, November 25, 2007

Beth Bishop Sainsbury


My Grandmother, Beth Bishop Sainsbury, was born on November 24, 1927 but you would never know it. She is still as energetic as ever and cheerful beyond compare! We celebrated her birthday by giving her a surprise Birthday party. We were actually worried that she might suffer a heart attack! :)

The things that I remember the most about my Grandma throughout my life.....

-going on a road trip up to Oregon with my aunt Emily and my Grandma when I was 4 years old
-having sleepovers whenever my Mom was at the hospital having the next baby to add to our crew
-sitting in the green rocking chair hearing stories about Flicka the horse
-picking raspberries in their garden and shoving my mouth full...trying to sneak them in
-collecting eggs out of the chicken coop
-the smell of straw in their shed
-playing in their yard during the irrigation run off
-she would pull out a board that she would tap dance on
-singing around the piano
-Christmas Eve at my grandparents and swearing that I saw Santa flying in his sleigh
-my Grandma's bell collection and her Royal Dahl collection (as I would like to call it) :)
-the view of the valley looking over 9400 S and 1300 E and always hearing fire engines on their way out
-telling us stories about our Great-Grandparents
-always being told how much that she loves me and how proud of me she is
-being with her for 30 years, I don't know what I'd do without her being in my life. I love her so much and am so amazed at what she has gone through in her life and at what she continues to do. I know that my Grandpa S. can not wait to her see because of how much in love they are!

She always tell me that I am her hero but I really think that it is the other way around. Without her influence and guidance, my determination would not be there! It was her example and something that she has handed down!

We sang one of my Grandma's favorite songs, "Army of Helamen" for one of her gifts.
Clapping us on!
.. When we all get together, especially the boys, you never know what you are in for. Pure comedy! Last night was a texting war that went on the whole night of who could be the most ...... ! I won't even tell you what it was but Jenny was also involved so that just adds to it!

Look how big they all are and hot but they are not my little bro's anymore! :(


Jenny, Natalie, and I.....and Lyssa somewhere in the distance :)


...my Mom's brother...and you can now see the example of humor that we had!!

My dad laughing and scratching his head in the background?!? This is a common sight in our family!

See what I am talking about! I love my family and the only thing missing was Lyssa! :(
I love my brother John-Charles! He is always having a good time and not to mention...he is so HOT! Any takers?!? Get in line!!! You are hot too Jenny and I love you too! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so gorgeous in those pictures!!! you didn't put half of them up there- why? that night was fun times. glad you were there with me. Jenny

Lyssa Beth said...

OH I wish I was there Katie..i'm seriously crying right now ccause I miss you guys so much. Everyone looks so good in the pictures...I love you Katie and miss you!
I'm glad Grandma had a good surprise! She deserves it!