Wednesday, January 23, 2008

I Just Got Called Out...


I need to think out loud for a minute this morning so bare with me... Carter's class is going swimming today for their field trip and I was not able to go which was the first thing that made me feel like a horrible parent today. I wanted to go but was not able to make it work. I was upset about it and called my Mom to get some reassuring comfort...but not so much...Instead I was called out on my lack of not thinking the way that a parent should! I allowed Carter to pick which swim suit he wanted to wear and the towel that he took. I made sure that I did not forget anything so as to not ruin his anticipated swim day! So as I was looking for a pat on the back, instead I was questioned on how in the world I could send him with a "pink" towel?!? "That is just asking for trouble and for him to get made fun of". As I picked up what she was putting down I realized that it was a very good question and I did not have a very good response. She was kind of right...how could I have done that? Different parenting perspectives I guess?!? I feel so overwhelmed at moments like this. I try to do it all and do it all right but I have a hard time doing it. I think like someone who is trying to be mature and someone who could give a shiz less what color your *#*&(^# towel is but still...come on Katie, think!

2 comments:

Lyssa Beth said...

LOl pink? What were you thinking? lol just kidding. Don't beat yourself up. Pink is not that bad these days anymore cause boys are wearing pink now.

katie said...

I PROMISE that HE picked it!