Sunday, November 2, 2008

Their Newest Member...

Last weekend I headed out to the Great Salt Lake salt flats to compete in my first Time Trial. I was not sure of what to expect but I'll be honest when I say that I was nervous. When I finished the St. George marathon, I was just so excited that I had accomplished it and even more excited that I had done it so well. But now it's a whole new game. Now I have to worry about getting better and better...faster and faster...national races...official times and placings. Yeah...a whole new game but I am so excited to do it! To see how far I can actually go with it. To see what other paths may be possible. I'm not promising anything but I've got to at least try and go for it! OK...so the Time Trial was a 10k and it would be timed and tracked. I got a lot of heat from the guys about my clothes. They had on their tight aerodynamic clothes and I had on my Victoria's Secret t-shirt that I'd been wearing all day long from the earlier race, my JCrew knit pants, and my "heavy" (as I was told) Puma's. "You'll need to do something about this", they sternly told me!
Well I survived it. I did the 10k in 33 minutes which breaks down to being a 4.71 minute mile which is my best time yet. It's now the time that I will use as my starting point so that I can start to track my improvements. It felt great to really push it and I will once again pay tribute to my iPod! :) It's going to take alot of time, work, and determination but I'm so excited to do it. I'm still amazed that this opportunity is even available to me. It's not like I set out to even do this and it just kind of happened! I swear...that's how the best things happen...they just randomly do!
Oh yeah. The smell? Total rotten sulphur ace smell! Makes me sick every time!Halloween night was pretty fun. The only thing that I hate is that no one goes out around our neighborhood! They do a "Trunk or Treat. I'm sorry but they are HIGHLY banned at our house. How much fun can it really be to go to a parking lot and run around to a circle of cars, get your candy, and call it good? Really. Ringing the doorbell and seeing how many houses you can possibly go to is the best thing! So we started out at my parents neighborhood going with the Terry cousins and then we went up to Trevor's parents neighborhood. You know that the night has been a success when you hear "Mom...This is the best Halloween ever! Look at how much candy we have!" Even though we had a few drops of rain, it still turned out to be a great night!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Katie - it's Katie again (otherwise known as anonymous when I'm at work hee hee). Congrats! I'm so impressed and happy you decided to do it. I'll start looking up plane tickets to the olympics....dun dun dun! I'LL BE THERE!

Ali said...

Congratulations! By the way we saw an article about you in the AF newspaper, we are keeping it!! You rock.

steph said...

Congratulations! You are stinkin awesome.

*WEST* said...

You really do ROCK! And I would have to agree on the whole "trunk or treat" thing! How fun can it be really?? What is happening to good old fashioned trick or treating

Tara said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Regardez Moi said...

Congrats!!!!! You are so inspiring :) I'll let you be the inspiring one while I cheer you on from my sofa. HA!

Brooke said...

Keep up the good pace. You are a rocket on wheels :)

Lyssa Beth said...

What's UP!?!? THat's awesome Katie! You seriously are awesome and such a great example to me and everyone else I konw. People always stalk you here in SA and tell me how amazing you are...and I say, I KNOW!
Loves

Leesa said...

I am so proud of you! You rock sista friend!