Friday, November 7, 2008

"The Fresh Prince" Said It Best...


"I'm at a point in my life where I've made a decision that nothing in my life is going to be without purpose. I've grown to realize that the only true happiness is to live in service to humanity. Not wasting this gift of life and specifically in this time. A new America. This wasn't just an African-American being elected to be president. This was an evolutionary flash point. Human kind has changed forever. The shift has occurred to America. This shift has occurred to the world. Right now, if you're not making someone else's life better, than you're wasting time. Your life will become better by making others lives better."

I've always loved Will Smith, but after watching today's episode of Oprah, I respect him and his values. I was sucked into every word that he was saying and I think that he's dead on. He's really got it figured out. He really sees the bigger picture. I agree 110% with what he said. "This was an evolutionary flash point. Human kind has changed forever." Make sure you are doing with it what YOU want because you can't take it back.

9 comments:

The Begleys said...

I likey. Fitting for my week. I'll have to go and watch the show (a whole bunch of Oprah's are on my DVR right now).

Leesa said...

here here!

Julie said...

Oh...you gotta love Will! And it doesn't hurt that he's a total HOTTIE!!

Karin Austin said...

I was hanging off the coach, leaning forward, loving everything that was coming out of this mans mouth!!! Just when you think most people don't get it. Will Smith says these amazing things, while the world is watching. My hope is that people take it to heart.
Karin

*WEST* said...

Shoot I missed it!

Hillery said...

Just add this to the many lessons to be learned from the Fresh Prince! And is it okay to be an Obama fan and Mormon? I'm nervous to admit that I am....

Regardez Moi said...

I love Will Smith, too!! I just love him. I always have. I didn't get to see the Oprah show with him on it... phooey! I'll have to see if I can find it somewhere online!!

Mistie said...

Someone else told me that oprah was great. I really need to start watching oprah!! i even have dvr but forget to record it! anyway- i totally agree that right when it comes down to it...life should be serving mankind.

karey m. said...

i have chills. i love that guy. have you seen hancock? so weird, but i could watch it over and over and over again.

i love that guy.