I think that I just almost had a full on meltdown. No really!
On Fridays, Kindra has ballet at 5pm. I've learned that if we don't start getting ready early, we are late no matter what! Plus my family is on "Katie time" so we're pretty much screwed! lol
It was 4:40 and I was just finishing up with some stuff so that we would be all ready to leave at 4:45. But still, my kids could care less about being on time. All they are worried about are the cartoons they'll be missing. Driving me insane by this point. Then, what do ya know? At 4:44 Kindra declares that she needs to go to the bathroom...after we are all dressed. AFTER!!! We finally get out the door and we're late.
Surprise.
So we get over to her dance studio, in the door, and in to her dance room. I make sure she's all good and I head back out to the car, where Carter is patiently waiting. (miracle. for once he did not want to come in) I'm about to turn on the car when out of my rear view mirror I see Kindra crying and running out to the car. She doesn't want to stay. She feels like it's the first day of school all over again. She doesn't have any best-friends in her class. But I finally get her calmed down, I put my chair all together again, and we head back out to the studio door. All of a sudden, in front of us, a black Suburban was backing up, who did not see the black 4Runner that was behind him, who instead of honking, put the car in reverse so as to not get hit. And who do you think was right behind him in his blind spot? Yep. Me and K. I screamed, not because I was worried about me getting hit. I screamed for Kindra. The guy slammed on his brakes as I am yelling at him that he just almost freakin hit us. All I can do is tell myself to keep calm...keep calm. I get her back in her dance room and hang out by the window for a minute so that she can see me. The guy came in and apologized. I was nice, knowing that it was a total accident, could have happened to anyone, and no worries.
But still. Come on. Could it get any worse?!?!?!?!
So yeah. It's been one of those days!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



















No comments:
Post a Comment