Saturday, April 24, 2010

The Salt Lake Marathon 2010

SEE!!! Another picture that gives me some more proof about THIS!!!
Considering the fact that I needed to be at the start line at 5:30am, I knew that the only way possible for that to really happen, to really BE ON TIME, would be to stay over somewhere downtown. The kids were so excited anyway to be coming to the race, but now they were even more pumped. Hotels mean that a swimming pool/hot tub would be one of the nights activities. And yes. We did.
We went back to the room, got in the shower, got on our pajamas, and jumped into bed just in time for some good old "Hannah Montana" and "Phineas and Ferb". Carter was cracking me up! He was just singing away, being all silly, giggling uncontrollably, and showing off his darling and addicting smile! lol










...and Kindra just wanted to be left alone but I had to take a pic of her classic leg crossing!








The weather was PERFECT! I was so worried that the weather was not going to turn out so well! The weather-men had predicted possible snow/rain/sleet so I was sooooo worried! The first marathon that I ever did, the weather was the WORST! Pouring rain, spraying back up on to my face, freezing, soaked, need I go on? My friends joked that it could only get better!?! But I think that it traumatized me because I have vowed to never ride in those conditions again! Serious...lol!
I met my own personal time goal, which made me so excited! I placed 2nd, which also made me so happy but I can honestly say that it's not about what place I come in anymore. I mean, yes I LOVE that I placed the way that I did, but it is more about the actual participation, the competition, and my own personal goals. Plus I LOVE the things that I am able to think about and the clear decision making that I am able to do. I was trying to explain to someone the other day what the mental state of mind is during a marathon. I tried so hard to have what I was saying make sense. But finally I had to say that it was just something that you had to experience yourself to fully understand. I love it and always come away having a better understanding of a certain aspect of my life!

Great news too! The Utah Hand-Cycle Team put together a race that will now be put on the National Hand-Cycling calender! So it's official...The Tour de Utah will now be having it's first event later on this Summer! Waaaahoooo! I'll keep you posted on the exact dates so if you want to come up and check it out, you can! Participants from all over the country will be here to take part. It will be awesome and we're so excited! Also, if you are interested in becoming a local sponsor, know someone who may want to become one, or would like to donate to the team, let me know. It would be much appreciated!

Anyway, it was a GREAT weekend and thanks for all of the well wishes and support!
xoxo

No comments: