Sunday, October 7, 2007

Session of General Conference






With the stress that I feel having to do all...breadwinner, homemaker, mom, dad, etc.etc, these sessions of conference really gave me a sense of comfort and a self check of reality. I really needed to hear President Eyring's talk and realize my forgetfulness of God's kindness. Life could be so much worse! I have heard myself say that the things I have, are because of my own talents and abilities and how incorrect that statement is. I have tried to fool myself and make up excuses for the mistakes that I have made and todays session really hit home. It helped me to recognize the areas that really should be getting my time and how important the basics really are. Anyways....it was a good day.


We went up to my parents for the usual between session lunch and we got to meet John-Charles girlfriend. She was really nice and really cute :) Then my mom pulled out this trivia game of phrases and knowing what they referenced. Of course we all knew them and got all competitive!! Then she changes it to "scripture quotes" and only the RM's were getting them. She of course had to give us the lesson on knowing the scriptures better than the media :) We all had a good laugh and we felt like we were in Seminary!!


When we got home, Carter wanted to give us a puppet show about being nice to the sick animals and to the sick kids so Kindra got to learn something today too!


I just hope to remember every day, the way I have felt today!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Katie,
I read your comment on my blog and I appreciate your thoughts. I tend to "overshare" in life and in the blogworld, so I never really know how my randoms are received. I saw a picture on your blog that I assume is you and I swear I know you somehow! You're darling - and if that's not you, you have darling friends!

The Blaisdell Family said...

I honestly didn't get much out of conference once again. It's SO hard with kids running around. I only heard about 10% of what was being said. I did hear things here and there that sparked my attention and I can't wait to read it in the Ensign.

Lyssa Beth said...

Hey why didn't you take a picture of JC's girlfriend?! These are the pictures I want to see...and you could have taken more pictures of your basement, give me a glimpse of what it looks like.hmmm..???
But it was such a good conference! Ya, lots of self meditation and realization for me as well! But I do wish I could have been there for the lunch..these are the times when I really miss home :(