Saturday, October 6, 2007

Looking and Reading Back

How embarrasing it is to go and look and read back on your previous entries. Random stories, random statements, weird thoughts, incorrect spellings, silly pictures and I mean, UGLY pictures are just to name a few. You would almost like to go back and fix them but you can't...we can't undo the past now matter how hard we'd all like to. How different we are all from one day, one moment, to the next. But would we, knowing then what we know now, would we still do it all the same? Good question? How do you take something horrible back that allowed you to obtain something wonderful now? How do you take something back that help to mold who you are today? The painful events, the heartbreaking events, the events that still make you sick to your stomach? I would like to say that I would change them or be allowed to learn the lesson in a different way perhaps but it is a question that I can never truthfully answer but it has been on my mind a lot lately so hmmmmm? It is what it is......




I have never been a great writer or one who can draw out a story in great and deep detail so I will end there. That is why I am in sales! Just something to think about this weekend as we are all receiving revelation....




2 comments:

Lyssa Beth said...

I've thought about that too. Would we even think like this if we hadn't have gone through those things or made those choices? I think in the end, the past mistakes are probably beneficial so we can grow and progress in life, learn to make better choices, thus becoming better people. :) THis conference was really great. I think a lot of them hit home with motherhood, self-worth and great testimony-building.

The Blaisdell Family said...

That is a really good question that I think a lot about. I always wonder if I could or would be the same person, but BETTER today had I not gone through some things in the past. Because as strong as those events made me, I still wonder if they kind of hurt me to the point that maybe I would be a little more understanding or forgiving, or kind, etc. to those around me. Did the past events build up a wall that I still haven't to this day, fully taken down, thus hindering me? DOes that make sense? But that's why I love your sister Lyssa so dearly. She helps me be a better person and see things better. She's a friend that truly sees the best in me when I can't because I'm stuck on the "what if" type thing. Very thought provoking entry..thanks katie:)