Tuesday, October 9, 2007

"I Look Like a Fireman!"






We have been teaching Carter how to ride his bike and it scares me to death! I can still remember sitting in my 2nd grade class with Ms Humphries and the principles office announcing over the PA system that a boy in one of the 3rd grade classes had fallen while riding his bike and a rock had "bumped his temple" (except I thought forever that he had bumped his tempo) and that he had died! How traumatizing for a child but how much more traumatizing for a parent to fear the act happening to their child.

Needless to say, we went and bought Carter a new helmet since his first one had broken - not because of crashing :) and he was very excited to try it out and even more excited that he will now "look like a fireman" because of its color!

He also had another field trip today to another pumpkin patch and this time got an even bigger pumpkin so he wanted me to take a picture of that too!

At least I have one child who will take good pictures! :)

1 comment:

Lyssa Beth said...

I think i'm in denial of how big Carter really is! I always picture him around 3-4...not 6! He's just so darn cute too, so proud of his pumpkin!