Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Remembering & Thinking...

It was bath time last night so I went in to turn on the "peach" colored old school tub to begin the nightly ritual. As I turned on the water and looked down to the tub...a memory flashed quickly through my mind. The memory of having my own bath time as a child in that very same tub came flooding back. I can tell you the exact toys we played with, the smell of my Grandfather's cologne, the smell of the bath towels, etc. etc.
Of course this is not the first time that these collision's have occurred and I am glad that they do. They give me a sense of determination to give to my children the same important memories that I have. It's like when I think of my Grandparent's home, it is a completely different place. Which it is...it is my home now and it is so different but I also enjoy the fact that they are one in the same?!? Does that make sense? It is why every time my Dad comes over he'll mess around and take care of things even when I don't ask him to or he'll pause for a moment, stare, and then comment on how wonderful things look and how well things have worked out! I will give my Mom the "here we go again" look and just smile and agree :) It allows him to hold on and to feel proud and I understand that...
It just got me thinking last night. Thinking again about the things that really matter and thinking again on the type of parent I want to be and know that I can and should be. I want my kids to remember the good but to really have the good!
I grabbed my camera which is always by my side and quietly went in to Kindra's room. I could hear her having a very deep conversation with herself and her horses. I just love to hear her imagination and the ideas that she can come up with. We, as parents, forget that, or at least I do, forget that once upon a time...we were our children with such deep imaginations and such great determination!
Notice the horses....
Notice the video case that she has turned into a tent...
Notice the horse that is waking up and coming out to play with the others! :)
Then there is my Carter who is intently watching his cooking shows...
He told me all about "pulsing" tonight which you do with a food processor?!? Who is he?!?
Once again, another silly moment night full of "monster truck" races. They went to the Monster Truck Show with Trevor and they loved it! Kindra's birthday cake now must have a purple monster truck and a horse with purple icing. Who is she?!?

3 comments:

Your Own Personal Jenny said...

i freaking love your kids. seriously they are my favorite. i think Kindra is amazing! and Carter is so adorable. what are we doing for KIN's birthday? when is it and warn me now!!! so i can get work off.

John-Charles said...

Hey Cutie!

Lyssa Beth said...

Oh my little kindra and carter! They are so precious! I love how Kindra plays! I wish I would be there for Kindra's birthday but give her a big wet kiss for me...and what day is it exactly? I need to send a card :) That's one of my goals this year, send cards out for birthdays...on time!