Tuesday, January 22, 2008

You Will Be Happy To Know....

I have not always hated the snow but have learned to do so because of how difficult it makes my life now. In my mind, it makes no sense when I do not get to enjoy the benefits of it like I used to. It took me 2 hours to get to work yesterday and I just laughed because what else could I do! But you will be happy to know that my outlook has changed a bit since my new found challenge...the adventures of the mono ski. It will make it more bearable to deal with! I will say, however, that it was gorgeous last night and early this morning with the newly fallen white snow covering everything and making it all look so frail and naive in a beautiful way. I love when the sky looks like it did last night...cloudy, a pinkish light color, reflective, innocent, and quiet. These descriptions may not make sense to anyone else but they describe the thoughts that come to mind. Bottom line is...You will be happy to know that my attitude is a bit more positive!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

The snow is so love/hate for me. I can't imgaine winters without it, but by January, I am soooo over it! Kudos for you and your new sport!

Your Own Personal Jenny said...

You need to let me know when that is cause I want to come and see us both get stuck in the snow or something. LOL

John-Charles said...

I am very glad that you have grow to share my outlook on snow. When the world is covered in white it just brings so much peace to us. Its a clean where nothing matters and everything starts over. No stress. And when it fall, when it falls it is as though a quite overtakes that cuts us off from the bad of the world. Snow rocks!