Thursday, February 28, 2008

I Can't WAIT For Summer!

Carter has been taking lesson's at the Lehi Swimming Pool and has been asking for us to all go together so that he can show Kindra the pool. He was soooo excited to show off :) In high school, one of my best-friends father was the, still is the, manager of the pool facility so we were there quite a bit! Now this was back when it was an outside pool so it was nothing compared to what it is now. He hired us to be the "cleaners" so many a night was spent with a hose spraying it down. The thought of that now, wants to make me gag....all that wet, disgusting hair... :(


Kindra was very excited to go to the pool for fun....not for lessons....but for fun at this new pool but was still a bit nervous! :)
Carter and his "chin smile" ... not so cute!?!


OK...I had a moment at which I felt like I was in Jr High all over again! A time when you are embarrassed to take off your shirt at a swim party because you are insecure about your body...but I was not insecure about that, it was about the fact that I was wearing the "skanky Mom" swimsuit! I am fully admitting it I guess but it's what I have always done, but every other Mom was wearing the full piece with shorts on or with a tank top on top of so you all tell me. I know that it's the whole modest issue so I can understand but ........... I hate those claustrophobic full pieces!?! WAAAAAAH!!!
I love that my camera is water proof and I can get the best pictures of the "splashes"!
Another fun night with the kids at the pool though it made me miss the summer time that much more! I can not wait to play with them outside! I must also thank Trev again since it would be near impossible to have done this without him. This is one of those activities in which my control and accessibility is limited and it would make me way too nervous to do it by myself! I realize more and more how lucky I am to have the "divorced relationship" that we do.....

3 comments:

The Blaisdell Family said...

Hey you may be a skanky mom, but at least you are a good mom!! Just kidding about the skanky thing:) Other moms wear all those clothes for swimming, I personally believe, because they have to (I would know) because their bodies don't look like they once did:) Well you my friend rock the body of a 20 yr old!! So take it off!! Ok, not all of it, but wear your bikini and be proud to be a hell of a hot mama!!!

PS. that's a cool swimming pool!! And I too hate one pieces,they go up your butt, I prefer the tankini instead (the full coverage ones)!!

Mistie said...

K- i tried out his pool for the first time this last summer when we were visiting. we went with all of Troy's family and I LOVED that pool so much. it is perfect for all ages (and especially for the younger ones). They need more pools like that one. I really have thought about it many a times and looked forward to going again this summer. So, i guess it is opened all year around?!! We should go together with our kids sometime!

And i am all about the bikini if you can make it look good (like you do!). after this baby- i feel like my middle is soft so my bikini might be staying in the drawer this summer!!! :(

The Miner Trio said...

You have to admit cleaning the indoor pool was classic. We have so many memories. They may not all be good but.. You should call me before you go swimming again. I bet a could get you a few free passes. I know a guy :-). Let me know and we could meet you there too. Wouldn't that be fun. Oh, I will be the mom in the full coverage tankini. I will leave the shorts and the tank top at home though.