Saturday, March 1, 2008

A Day Of "De-Junking"

After careful looking at my "Betty Crocker" post and realizing just how cluttered and old-school my kitchen had become, I made sure that it was to be "A Day of De-junking" :) Thank goodness that Carter loves cleaning, organizing, and making trips to the good will and thank goodness that Kindra loves to tag along!


There is nothing better than a day that you do absolutely nothing with your appearances or a day that you could care less that your family is all still wearing the same pair of pj's at 8 pm as they were at 8 am?!? :) I love it!!


The kid's are always trying to help me out and are always trying to be the very best that they can be so for fun....we had a "camping night". We watched the Disney classic "The Gnome Mobile", which they loved as did I at their age, and then they had a "sleep out", with their sleeping bags, in the front room! They were so excited...too bad that I have to wake them up early for 9am church :(


PS I went with some friends last night and saw the movie "The Other Boleyn Girl" and I really, really liked it! I love movies that are based on "historical" events with a little non-fiction added in :) so I highly recommend seeing it and would love to hear your own take on the characters?!?

6 comments:

Parks Family said...

"the nome mobile, the nome mobile, riding along in the the nome moile..." I loved that movie when i was little. Sonnet has been wanting it forever so I found it on Amazon and got it for her for xmas. We all watched it together. Anna wasn't impressed until the end when the poor nome is chased by all the girlies. Sounds like you guys are having fun.

The Blaisdell Family said...

You are such a fun mom!! I need to be more like you and create fun memories like that. It's simple but fun and doesn't require too much picking up either!!

John-Charles said...

Why do you start every day with a picture of a microwave? ...wierd...

katie said...

do u even read the post and look at the pic? u r weird

Your Own Personal Jenny said...

it's historical movies with a little non-fiction (not true)
The Gnome Mobile The Gnome Mobile....hahahahaha ah F I hate my life.

Mistie said...

once again, you are such a great mom. your kids will always remember the fun times! They seem like such big kids...and so grown up. i love all the personality traits you descibe of them...i almost feel like i know them!
oh, and i really want to see that movie...i also love historical movies...esp that time period.