Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Kill It With Kindness!

Since the beginning of time, my wardrobe has always been very important to me! I was very proud to be given the "Senior Best Dressed" award in high school and still throw it out when the "style mocking" begins! So when today's comment was thrown out from another colleague about my appearance, I was very taken back. "You need to dress more professional and by that I mean if you want to be here, dress like it instead of dressing like you want to be a Mom!"
"Excuse me?" I thought to myself but quickly came back with a "Well thank you! I will take that as a compliment since I am a Mom and a very proud one. I really appreciate it!"
Like I was told to do as a child.... kill it with kindness, so that's just what I did and oh did that piss her off even more! hehehe Now I know for a fact, American Express knows for a fact, that my wardrobe is not hurting. It's just the first thing that popped into her bi-polar mind :) But I wanted to share my "hump-day hilarious" with you that know me so well :) :)

6 comments:

Amanda said...

Seriously. Comments like that stem from jealousy, insecurity, or people who are just plain not nice. You are lovely; your style is always impeccable and I've seen you on a work day and you look fabulous. The world is full of enough hardship - the last thing we need is women making the workplace difficult for other women.

The Blaisdell Family said...

I don't know how I would have responded, but I know it wouldn't have been as nice as of a job as what you did!! Once again, a great example Katie!!

That lady is a butt!

Lyssa Beth said...

LOL nice pic! Ya your boss can shove it somewhere...I am glad you took the high road. You are so better than her!

John-Charles said...

They, the Moors, were a really very cultured people. People talk about the Dark Ages but don't realize that during that time its wasn't dark at all in Spain. The moors had a rich culture and scholarly background. Most of the greek philosophy that we have was preserved by the muslims and people from all over Europe during this time would travel to Spain to study in the moorish libraries. They were detailed and ornate with their buildings because, even during the dark ages when the rest of Europe was squandering to survive, they understood the necessity of Asthetics and culture.

Mistie said...

Oh boy!! Are you kidding me? K-you know i can 100% understand and relate. It doesn't surprise me AT ALL...but it still does piss me off!! I vividly remember her telling me when i was pregnant and feeling awkward as it was b/c i was at the "in-between" stage that i needed to stop trying to wear my regular clothes and pull out some maternity stuff. In addition,she used to comment on my tall shoes i would wear that made me probably 5'11'' and nearly every time i wore them she would make a negative comment about it. It made me want to wear them even more. It really does just come down to jelously and insecurity (like mentioned before). I am not quick enough to come back with a comment like you...i just left and then went and had myself a nice cry. It is totally true that you ARE a mom...first and formost---and not just "trying" to be one!!! Ohhhhhh i am so mad right now. Please never stoop to her level...you are so much better of a person!!! Press on!!

Your Own Personal Jenny said...

Kill me with kindness! you can't stay mad at me forever. you are my BFF!!!